Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Well it's nearly here again the festive lottery is upon us once more. No not the lotto, the buying of presents for the wife that is never what they wanted, get it wrong you are in the doghouse, ask what they want beforehand then on the day there is no surprise, no thought gone into it so you are in the doghouse, spend too much "we can't afford it", you guessed it! spend too little and you spoiled the day, in the doghouse! Had no idea what to buy her this year but we need a new kennel, the old one has worn out!! :drink:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
More chance of winning the Lotto than getting the "Right" present.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Why did you fall for it! I would give the gringe a run for his money:)..no turning here! Midnight mass and a family dinner, a real Christmas....none of the commercial BS this end...

Historically we fly somewhere warm every year...health nor was it was so that on hold..God I hate Christmas with a vengence!

kennel a fantastic prezzie! did you make it yourself?:LOL:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
We went through the airport a couple of years ago and she brought some perfume because she liked the smell of it. Not knowing what it was called I remembered the name being a single word so last year I searched high and low trying to get some more of the stuff, eventually the name clicked, Angel, so I got it and wrapped it for the big day believing I finally got something right......NO, Turns out she hates the smell of Angel perfume! and they wonder why we don't understand them!!

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
You guys have to think ahead , you must get your loved one a gift she will treasure , I bought my true loves present at the weekend .
Any idea how the hell to gift wrap a ironing board .
Regards Dave dotsontour
Good luck with that, it's hard enough wrapping the kettle I got her :roflmto:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
You guys have to think ahead , you must get your loved one a gift she will treasure , I bought my true loves present at the weekend .
Regards Dave dotsontour
Good choice the iRoning board, I bought my wife the iRon. She loved it, she found it was just the right size and weight for whacking me round the head. :eek: :LOL::LOL:

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
You need to listen for the signs.

"Oh that's nice, I need one of those" translates to "I want one of those but don't you dare buy it for me for Christmas".
"I'm not to sure about that ...." translates to " You can buy me that if you're really thick"
" Don't spend a fortune on me this year!" translates to "You better part with some serious cash this year you tight-wad"
"I most definitely do not want one of those!" (usually in reference to handbags, shoes, jewellery) translates to "Buy me that or die!"

Steer clear of anything clothing or household related!
If all else fails - Diamonds!!!!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Regards Dave dotsontour
Good choice the iRoning board, I bought my wife the iRon. She loved it, she found it was just the right size and weight for whacking me round the head. :eek: :LOL::LOL:
Good luck with that, it's hard enough wrapping the kettle I got her :roflmto:

When will you learn!!..stop spoiling em!:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You need to listen for the signs.

"Oh that's nice, I need one of those" translates to "I want one of those but don't you dare buy it for me for Christmas".
"I'm not to sure about that ...." translates to " You can buy me that if you're really thick"
" Don't spend a fortune on me this year!" translates to "You better part with some serious cash this year you tight-wad"
"I most definitely do not want one of those!" (usually in reference to handbags, shoes, jewellery) translates to "Buy me that or die!"

Steer clear of anything clothing or household related!

Diamonds!?!? Your lost pal.....treat em mean keep em keen

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
As you know SWMBO doesn't read the forum, normally we spend the festive period in India, however this year we are at home , going to Spain for January and February, so I need think what does she use most ???oh yes, the toilet, so I will buy her a spare 'theft ford cassette'...and she won't even know what it is !!!!
Just remember....this our secret !!!!

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
P.s. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap one !!
I think I saw one for sale in the high street, whilst you are there pick a nice shop doorway because you will be sleeping there after Christmas :roflmto:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
As you know SWMBO doesn't read the forum, normally we spend the festive period in India, however this year we are at home , going to Spain for January and February, so I need think what does she use most ???oh yes, the toilet, so I will buy her a spare 'theft ford cassette'...and she won't even know what it is !!!!
Just remember....this our secret !!!!

BIG mistake...India great at Christimas

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!

I ALWAYS say 'Anything with gold, and/or diamonds will be fine dear!' but he can't hear me. Ever.

Going back some years when Penelope Keith did a TV advert for the Parker 'Lady' ballpoint pen, husband MkI got me one as an extra pressie. It was genuinely a lovely surprise. As I admired it I said to him 'Oh darlin' - that's lovely! Can noughts flow from its tip?' and to my utter amazement. ladies he instantly replied 'As many noughts as you like my sweet!' I nearly fainted with surprise. Gobsmacked.

Until he added 'Just as long as there's nothing in front of the noughts ....'

LOL I used that pen for years, it was great - and then I lost it.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I've been getting the immortal words; it'll be my Christmas pressie:wasntme: all bloody year :doh: so she can have a bottle of perfume and xmas dinner out an that'll be it:swear2:

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Christmas gift for the men,
image.jpg

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
my last ex ( of three and a half years) didn't believe in giving any presents, he said the best 'gift' he could give me was himself..
(he loved receiving presents though)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back