Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp
Im a newbie
We have only got 90 odd days to go until we take delivery of our new weapon of choice. However, what we do have is secure parking and storage near Gaydon Warwickshire. We have space for a few more, so if you need a safe place to store you MH. Give me a shout. We will charge the going rate, whatever that is.....
Regards
Dave

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Hi Dave,

Do you still have variable space, and is there access to electricity ?

regards ...... philip

OP
OP
Dave Kennard

Dave Kennard

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Phillip
Yes we have space available for Storage of MH or Caravans. Electric could be sorted out as can water. Please feel free to contact me on my mobile if you wanted to take a look 07708304830
Regards
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you're intending to do this seriously then you need to look into getting CASSOA accreditation.

For any storage site that doesn't have it insurance premium implications can be huge for potential customers.

OP
OP
Dave Kennard

Dave Kennard

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp
Im a newbie
I store mine there and have insurance approval by post code with no conditions. Any potential would be thief would have their work cut out getting anything out of this yard in one piece

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I store mine there and have insurance approval by post code with no conditions. Any potential would be thief would have their work cut out getting anything out of this yard in one piece

It's not about approval. They will let you keep it anywhere, just charge you more for the privilege. Mines on a CASSOA Gold storage sight and the premium is 50% less than keeping it at home. The reduction in premium more than pays for the storage. When I was looking for a site I looked at a couple of non-CASSOA ones who had space and checked them out with the insurance company. They were happy for me to use them but the premium would have been considerably more than if I parked it on the road at home.

Cassoa sites have all the things insurance companies like to hear about like double locked gates, patrols, CCTV and the like.

OP
OP
Dave Kennard

Dave Kennard

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp
Im a newbie
Yes but i own the site and dont charge myself rent. The thought of an 8 meter van parked on my front lawn didnt excite me much and the insuraance people Stavely Head made no conditions or price hike. The site has three locked gates and flood lighting. So no real point in having CASSOA approval as it wouldnt actually alter anything
Do you work for CASSOA?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes but i own the site and dont charge myself rent. The thought of an 8 meter van parked on my front lawn didnt excite me much and the insuraance people Stavely Head made no conditions or price hike. The site has three locked gates and flood lighting. So no real point in having CASSOA approval as it wouldnt actually alter anything
Do you work for CASSOA?

No I don't.

I just know how insurance companies view non accredited sites. Of course if it's your own land it makes no difference whatsoever if it's just your van there but in your OP you were offering the service to other people. If you are going to be offering a storage service on a commercial basis then accreditation is something you should be aware of. They will be able to help you ensure you have the correct insurance in place if nothing else (y)

OP
OP
Dave Kennard

Dave Kennard

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp
Im a newbie
On a commercial basis wasnt my intention, share space and help costs (its expensive having lots of space with business rates etc) was my driver. However I take your point and will enquire how much accreditation costs or at least the things that dont comply cost to put right
Regards
Dave

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
On a commercial basis wasnt my intention, share space and help costs (its expensive having lots of space with business rates etc) was my driver. However I take your point and will enquire how much accreditation costs or at least the things that dont comply cost to put right
Regards
Dave

If nothing else I imagine a spot of public liability insurance would be advisable. That won't cost much.

OP
OP
Dave Kennard

Dave Kennard

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp
Im a newbie
Ah pleased to say that i have that and buildings and contents on the workshop. Im strong on Pub Liar. If my MH goes up in smoke as a result of a fire in the workshop then its covered

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ah pleased to say that i have that and buildings and contents on the workshop. Im strong on Pub Liar. If my MH goes up in smoke as a result of a fire in the workshop then its covered

Good to hear. It's not yours you need to worry about so much. If you take money from someone to store their van and anything happened to it you would have a problem if you weren't insured.

OP
OP
Dave Kennard

Dave Kennard

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp
Im a newbie
Im on it now... Have downloaded the CASSOA form and will fill it out scan and return it in the morning. Once i have it I will deffo offer it commercially ( to cover the cost of getting it)

OP
OP
Dave Kennard

Dave Kennard

Free Member
Mar 14, 2015
Banbury
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 700
Exp