Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Thought i was having a bad year upto yet.Satarday at work one of the lads lost the keys to my works van,a fiat x250.
New set of keys 157plus vat and then they reckon it will be 4 hrs labour to reprogramme it so total bill will end up at over £300.Does this sound correct?Seems a long time just to reprogamme.I will be stopping the money out of thier wages but dont want them paying over the odds.
Dave

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
they reckon it will be 4 hrs labour to reprogramme
Dave

One minute tops.

But, first they've got to get to the security computer, no idea how long that takes.

To re-flash my Fiat for better performance. Maybe 10 minutes and only because I was talking to him. Of course they just needed a plug into the OBD2 socket.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
That sounds about right for a main dealer. However it is a complete and utter rip off. It will take longer to plug the electronic kit in than it will to do the job. Only problem of course is they have you over a barrell, and all you can shout is "whip me harder" here's my credit card.
In terms of your year Dave, will it ever end? Make tomorrow your new years eve and the nightmare will be over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Thanks for replies,looks like the bring and buy will after be my new years eve then.
dave

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
Dave

Bostons of Milford, they are on Cannock Chase loads cheaper. 01785 663100

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements