Spanish police arrest gang of robbers. (1 Viewer)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Civil have arrested six people believed to have been involved in a gang who would target vehicles on highways and motorways, who would damage vehicles in order to pretend to offer assistance whilst then robbing their unsuspecting victims.

2015-11-02_operacion_cuerda_floja_1.jpg

The investigators believe that this gang alone are responsible for 450 thefts and robberies committed mainly on the AP-7 motorway, as well as other routes across Valencia, Catalonia, Aragon, the Basque Country, Castille y Leon and Madrid.

The detainees, who are of Serbian, Romanian, Kosovar and Spanish nationality, are charged with the crimes of robbery, theft, forgery, dangerous driving, money laundering and being members of a criminal organization.

2015-11-02_operacion_cuerda_floja_2.jpg

During the search of five properties in the province of Tarragona, in the towns of Montroig del Camp and Hospitalet de L’Innfat, the officers seized cash, perfumes, mobile phones, tablets, computers, handbags, watches, knives, glasses, clothing and numerous documents relevant to the investigation, as well as five vehicles.

The investigation revolved around the knowledge of several thefts and robberies committed in the service areas of the AP-7 in the province of Castellon. The gang would puncture a tyre on a target vehicles, which would then continue on its journey, followed by the gang members. As the innocent driver of the target vehicle pulled over to examine the vehicle, the gang would stop with the target vehicle and offer assistance, whilst distracting the driver and other vehicle occupants to allow a second gang member to snatch bags and goods from their target vehicle, before making off in such a short time that the victim was confused by the situation for long enough to enable their escape.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We had an attempt to stop us on the ring road around Barcelona a couple of years ago. They started to overtake us and threw something at the side, that made a bang. It caused no damage and may have been a piece of rubber. I dont think they want damage as if you stop there is lots of looking and nothing to see

They then drove alongside and signed for us to stop. SHMBO got a camera out and they shot off. We drove for a while before pulling into a busy service area to check for damage

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Halleluljah..!! Got some of the b£$**rds at last !!
I met a chap in La Marina a year ago who had had his tyre stabbed as he filled up with diesel.. As he drove off his tyre blew and took out the whole rear corner of his van..
Luckily, his wife was Spanish and "twigged" straight away and shouted (in Spanish) that she had phoned the police and they were on their way..
Needless to say, the would be robbers broke the sound barrier as they shot off !!
The poor chap then pulled over and Gaffer taped what was left of his rear corner back on the van !! He must have been about 75..
He was nearly in tears when I met him later at La Marina.. It had ruined his holiday and he was heading back home..
So VERY glad that at least SOME of the pond life has been caught...
There but for the grace of Dog go any one of us...
Mitch..

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
We had a problem many years ago driving back from Paris to our home in Mayenne.
We had already stopped in a service stop picnic area.
I noticed that on the edge of the parking area where a couple of cars with several male occupants of eastern lookin apearance standing outside theopir vehicles and talking on their mobile phones. They drove off about 10 or 15 minutes before we did.
About 5 km down the road they were at the sode of the road with the bonnet of one of the cars up and the men milling around, no mobiles in sight. The motorway was practically deserted apart from our vehicles. As we approached a couple of the guys ran out into the road trying to stop us, my reaction, drop a gear, put my foot down and head straight for them, they soon moved out of the way.
Not long after they came racing up and drew along side and in front , I just kept driving and picked up our mobile phone to make them think I was calling the police, it worked and they drove off at break neck speed and I saw them pulling off at the next intersection

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I've never understood how they could get away with it on theAP7. It is a toll road. You have to pay to get on & off. I can't believe that they are getting tickets to go robbing therefore there must be other ways on & off for emergency vehicles, etc; & known to the Guardia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back