Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
A lot of talk these days about Deep or Dark web. Has any one any experience of using Tor to access this ?
Where does one start etc. ?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
.........your local dealer?? :whistle2:

I wouldn't go there...........it is probably full of big dark spiders...

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you scroll down the list of links on the page Jim linked to and read the descriptions you get a fair idea of what you will find.

You can also find a lot of the old usenet groups and boards, especially the more questionable ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I should imagine the more undesirable sites there.
Not something I'm interested in lol

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Technically, any site that provides subscriber only content is in the dark web...so by using MHF youre allready using it as it has content that is not indexable by google etc

Granted that is normally reffered to as the deep web, but same principles apply

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Technically, any site that provides subscriber only content is in the dark web...so by using MHF youre allready using it as it has content that is not indexable by google etc

Granted that is normally reffered to as the deep web, but same principles apply
That's not really correct. Mhf is accessible from any conventional search engine and is readily available to browse from any common browser

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I host a long-established surfer forum that isn't visible in Google. It's not dodgy or 'dark' web or any other such nonsense, but it's hidden from Google and other search engines by the Robots NoIndex protocol, which is a tiny piece of code in the form of a text file that basically tells all indexing robots and spiders to eff off.

It's commonly used to prevent pictures from appearing in Google image searches, or other stuff becoming widely available. You can specify the folders that the robots/spiders don't look in when indexing the interweb.

In that respect it doesn't surprise me how little web content shows up in Google, because most of it is of no interest to the general public.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
That's not really correct. Mhf is accessible from any conventional search engine and is readily available to browse from any common browser
Not all of it, there are some areas which are subscriber only..belly locker for example

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
TOR is not 100% safe

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
TOR is not 100% safe

Of course not if you think in "normal" internet terms but saying something like that is a complete misunderstanding of what it's actually for.

If all you want to do is look at Fun and Facebook and the like you shouldn't be using Tor in the first place.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back