Do I take the plunge and go alone? (1 Viewer)

MadeInCornwall

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bilbo Conversion
Exp
Since i was a youngster
Wow, can I first say, what a great site. Been sitting here for two days reading loads of blogs and it is most helpful. Have been MH for many many years now, but it looks like the next time I will be a lass on her own. I think to have this on my laptop will be great and very useful. Not sure how to get a photo in my little box or how you become a funster but I am sure someone will let me now. I hope any of you won't mind if I tick to follow your forums if I think they will help with tips and info. Cheers for now, Sonya.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello Sonya @MadeInCornwall and welcome!
upload_2015-11-6_17-31-43.png

To become a Funster: click on "Subscribe" (on the dark blue bar at the top) and all will be revealed for just £15 per year, the best you'll ever spend.
Then you can click on your profile name (top right), then on "Avatar" and add a piccy.
Also once you've joined, you can join our Far South-West group & see who else is in the area!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:welc:Hello and hope you enjoy lots of interesting people on here with loads of useful advice it's really worth subscribing someone will be along to tell you how.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi Sonya. Lots of us here travel alone. I full timed ( totally unintentionally and unplanned!) for almost 2 years and loved every minute.
It's well worth paying the £10 or so to join. Click on the 3 little lines to the right of Events and click on subscribe.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ah, didn't spot the green......... just saw 'joined: Yesterday'

Still, at this rate Sonya will see that it's deffo worth paying for (y)

OP
OP
M

MadeInCornwall

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bilbo Conversion
Exp
Since i was a youngster
Well thank you everyone, I now know (not now - as in my first mess) how to add photo, so will do that soon. Also, I am still green, haha, now understand what that means, think it will be £10.00 well spent.
Cheers everyone.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
"Do I take the plunge and go alone?"

well yes of course you must! why else would you have ended up on here!:)

ask yourself whats the alternative...

many solo travelers on here..a couple of first timer ladies in Europe as we speak, having a wail of a time wondering what all the worry and fuss was about..this a very supportive site

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Hi and Welcome from Thebus (the bus) Phoebe (the dog) and Me (Sue)

I travel "alone" having never done anything like this before. Started out in Jan 2014 not knowing whether I would even like it. So far have been to the North of North Shetland, Lands End, The Westernmost inhabited Western Isle and nearly got to the Easternmost tip at Lowestoft Ness and many many places in between

If I can get my act together am now off to cross the water to the Continent. If you have the time and inclination there is lots of stuff about what I did and how I felt on my blog. :)

Still loving every minute and no intention of returning to 'bricks and mortar' in the foreseeable :)

OP
OP
M

MadeInCornwall

Free Member
Nov 5, 2015
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bilbo Conversion
Exp
Since i was a youngster
While this discussion over whether you have paid or not goes on may I slip in a big welcome!
But ignore the banter, all part of the charm of this site. :)
A good bit of banter egh? Not sure why everyone says £10 as it is £15, but that is still good value. And thank you DBK, feeling part of a huge family already.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
A good bit of banter egh? Not sure why everyone says £10 as it is £15, but that is still good value. And thank you DBK, feeling part of a huge family already.
Hi & welcome......the subs went up just a few weeks ago, I think that's where the confusion is coming from:)

Have fun & enjoy the banter & lots of help & advice on here:smiley:

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
welcome to the fun! It's a great site, loads of info, amazing banter, lots of advice and many many friends you will meet on your travels. Enjoy your journeys

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Welcome ! to the Forum, lots of info, sound advice, Funsters willing to help, anywhere, about anything, any subject.

They are all mad of course.
Fun is the only travelling Lunatic Asylum in the world, and I see you are from Cornwall too:clap2:.
Just that alone means you'll fit in with this crazy bunch:cheers:

Welcome! Welcome! May all your Camels have a thousand babies!:notworthy2:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome. There are some nutters on this forum, which is what makes it so enjoyable.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
You won't really be alone if you let us know where you're heading to.
Your best friend on your travels especially if you want to venture across the water will be internet...and a few mobile phones numbers might help too.
Any trouble, and the whole funsters family will try to sort you out.

Meanwhile , welcome from South Western France!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi Sonya -
Go for it! I've been solo motorhoming (and loving it) for MANY years. Back in 2009, I spent about 7 months travelling through Europe, ending up in Greece over a part of the winter. I'm just winding up my little business in London and will be trucking down to Sicily in January - I can barely breathe, I'm so anxious to hit the road. I do have a travel companion in the guise of a little terrier and she's great company -
Good luck with your plans!!
Jacquie

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
:welc: Welcome Sonya, they are a great bunch here. Clive

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, Take your time, plenty of reading and great help here. (Some crap too!). We have a singles section and we have some singles who just tag along with groups of like minded nutters. We even have people from the Wirral and Edlington. Anyway, when ready jump aboard and ask away, loads of members here waiting to help you live the dream.
Safe Travels

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Sonya, welcome to Fun, see you are having trouble joining up, as has been said the annual subs went up on 1st October to £15, well worth it particularly for a lady's travelling alone there is always someone ready to help at a click of your key board no matter were you are. :welc:

shane the nomad

Free Member
May 22, 2015
Anywhere the handbrake go's on
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Two years ...so newbie....ish !!!
Hi Sonia,Welcome and have great fun travelling.Plenty of help tips and advice on here from the best Motorhome site ive found.The forums are a good way of finding nice places to stop in uk and abroad,Do you have the Britstops book or All the aires for abroad,they are a great help for discovering all sorts of nice places,all for a small fee.ENJOY

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back