Weatherwatchers (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As i always suspected....BBC weathermen dont have a clue as to weather prediction and rely on folks today telling them what they should have predicted a day or two ago.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As i always suspected....BBC weathermen dont have a clue as to weather prediction and rely on folks today telling them what they should have predicted a day or two ago.

We often hear it said that if you want to know what the weather is, then look out the window.. This is doing exactly that.. when you sign up you can look out other peoples windows and know exactly what the weather is doing in that location..

So it's less about forecasting and more about what the weather is doing now... useful perhaps if you are planning a trip . .

It will also be useful for BBC forecasters .. weather in the UK is so variable over quite short distances.. knowing what it is doing at every town and village across the country will give them a great deal of useful information that can be used to warn of storms, flooding etc.. and give short range forecasts,.

Traditionally, weather stations across the country run by amateurs log and send in data .. we had such a station on the oil platform I worked on.. data was sent every hour.. gave us something to do..

Now we can all take part..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hmm............ praps I could use my Thermapen that I cook with??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hmm............ praps I could use my Thermapen that I cook with??
No reason why not..

The Thermapen can read temperatures from -58.0 to 572.0°F, which gives it a much fuller range than many other thermometers. According to ThermoWorks

that should cover it in Inverclyde ... ;)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun