Has anyone visited Henrys Campsite in Lizard Village ? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Havn't visited that site, but I can tell you it will be wild weather wise, very stormy. Take care if you walk the Coastal Path.

On the other hand, watching old Neptune smash himself against the cliffs, waves pounding higher and higher, wind howling, makes you feel quite insignificant when you see the power of mother nature at her best

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Went a few years ago, in summer though. It is quite weird, the showers/toilets and parts of the buildings look as though they were put together out of things from the local tip, and showers ate up the money and gave little hot water! Just about had a sea view, there was no phone signal. However, palm trees and strange hens make it a bit different, and if you are a VW camper person, I expect you'll like it!! Good walk to Lizard Point from there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi, we have stayed there a couple of times and the last one was in early January. The guy who runs the place (Henry was his dad, from what I remember) will open the site in virtually any weather if you ring and ask. The location is brilliant and if the weather is clear you have good views down to the coast. The centre of Lizard village is a couple of hundred yards away so very easy access to provisions and pubs and cafes. The coastal path is brilliant in either direction, West towards Mullion via Kynance Cove or East towards Cadgwith. The cafe at the most southerly point is open every day of the year and serves good food with the benefit of stunning views.

There are a couple of downsides. The pitches are mostly on grass, though there are now a small number of hard standing ones just to the right a you enter the site. Also, considering the standard of the facilities (showers, etc) it ain't cheap. From memory we paid around £25 a night. And depending on the size of your van, access through the entrance past the reception point is tight. Ours is an A Class Hymer and we made it in, but not much to spare.

Another nearby site we have used many times is Little Trethvas Farm, about 1 and a half miles short of Lizard village on the road down from Helston. You will love the Lizard. Cadgwith, Coverack and a little further afield, Porthleven, are all worth visiting.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Another nearby site we have used many times is Little Trethvas Farm, about 1 and a half miles short of Lizard village on the road down from Helston.

I stayed there for a few days several years ago..nice site. Might have changed since then, but it was all-grass pitches if I remember correctly, so not sure what they'll be like in December/January.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I stayed there for a few days several years ago..nice site. Might have changed since then, but it was all-grass pitches if I remember correctly, so not sure what they'll be like in December/January.

You're right the main fields are grass. Whether they can take vans in the area around the shower blocks (car park hard standing) I'm not sure. Worth a telephone call though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back