MMM magazine (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have subscribed to MMM magazine for the last 10 years and used to really enjoy reading it Since they have changed the format it has now turned into a glorified travel/photography magazine and I am seriously thinking of cancelling . Anybody else dislike the new content and cancelled.

Spongy

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We even gave up advertising in it last year, after a unbroken run since 1991

It was doomed when Mike and Jane Jago retired, true motorhome owners and enthusiasts

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:swear:Thinking of ditching it after many years. Latest problem is the new website. Subscribers have to re register, sadly won't accept my subscriber number and also tells me my postcode don't exist! MMM response is to send me new subscribers card. Same number! Still waiting for reply (only sent Email a week ago) Getting more than fed up.
Cheers
Bernie:banghead:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I was an on line subscriber and found that although it's cheaper for MMM to send me my copy of the magazine I could not have a free coffee at shows as I had no card when I complain to there Customer Service I was more or less told tough so when my subscription came due I more or less said tough and didn't renew.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
No matter how MMM may have gone downhill recently, its got light years to go to catch up with Practical Motorhome! I fully expect Desperate Dan and Roger the Dodger to contribute articles to that comic. Cant believe I still subscribe to it. I keep expecting it to improve but its not showing any signs of recovery.

OP
OP

Deleted User
We even gave up advertising in it last year, after a unbroken run since 1991

It was doomed when Mike and Jane Jago retired, true motorhome owners and enthusiasts

Pulling out from advertising after more than 20 years says it all. By the way very pleased with the reversing camera you fitted for me in September, excellent service.

Spongy

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Always looked forward to a copy after travelling away. Always informative but as Eddie says, down hill after the Jagos left. Only a photo & travel mag now, very little to offer specifically for we motor homers.
Barrie

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ditched it around 5 years ago....same old same old every month and got bored with it.
Only related mag i get now is the c&cc freebee.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Stopped this year agree with the previous comments waste of money to many adds

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
its getting boring now after buying for the past 20 years ..look forward to reading it when away helps me drop off to sleep

Deleted User
You get better, more up to date info from here and some of the photos are better (y)

I'm afraid it's a victim of failing to progress into the digital age as are many other magazines and newspapers.

It needs a kick up the jaksie if it's ever going to survive long term.

With current communications possibilities, I would have "live" articles, reviews, videos, discussions, etc etc

Stop the "monthly magazine" of the 1970's, get a subscription service up and running with live content updated regularly. Make it glossy, informative, suitable for all ages of mhers.

Get some blogging on there with decent writers/photographers who are actually motor homers (and better at blogging than me!!) and are actually motorhoming.

What's "Diamond" up too this week (have you seen these bloody brake pads?)

Don't just ask Eddie to advertise, get yourselves down there and do an article on the bloke, (if he's not on holiday) solar, alarms, reversing cameras - get Eddie to talk through the stuff its merits costs etc. Get someone else the next time to discuss alternatives.

Ask me about my heroically brave stay in a foreign hospital and the procedure for paying. (Not sure I've mentioned it enough yet!!)

The current format is just lazy (and subsequently dull)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
As a relative newbie, I have to say I enjoy MMM, and in particular the travel articles!

It helps with ideas as to where to go and where we probably wouldn't like, and with the info from there and this site I think I need to go full time and live another 50 years :LOL:

Like all magazines, tv series and so on, after a while they become stale to you, but other people who have just discovered the program/hobby/lifestyle they are fresh and interesting. These people are probably really the target audience.

Re the format, I use my computer and iPad a lot, but for me the physical magazine format is preferable.

I generally read e books so am not uncomfortable with screen format, but for certain things, particularly car/bike/food related books and magazines the e format is somehow unfulfilling.

Each to their own though(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back