Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
I have an electroblok 225 which is then connect to a let 500 control panel above the door. I have been in the van this afternoon but none of the 12v lights water pump fridge work. I have checked the fuses on the electroblok which seem OK the battery is fully charged and the panel lights up when you press the 12v rocker switch on. Is there a reset button on the electroblok? Or anyone have a thought on what's gone wrong?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Have you checked whether there is any power to the unit. There is probably a large fuse in the power lead from the battery.

See also ---------------http://karavaanarit-fi-bin.directo.fi/@Bin/57b95e89daa46b3fd2548a55beff7134/1446660676/application/pdf/114467157/Schaudt_Electroblock_EBL99_G_Ingles.pdf

OP
OP
Darren

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Thank you for trying to help. I have power to the control panel and it shows my battery fully charged . The green 12v is lit and when I press the rocker switch for the water pump it also illuminates but does not run.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Darren

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
With the power lead plunged into the electroblok it reads 14.2 so I presume the charger is working.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Are you sure that the battery isolation function has not been activated at the control panel. I realise that it sounds as if all is switched on, but as well as the 12V on/off switch, there is an option to isolate the habitation battery (e.g. when changing it). Here is a clipping from the trouble-shooting guide in the manual for the EBL226 (slightly later than yours) - note the second point. Afraid I have no direct experience of the control panel fitted in your Hymer (mine has a much older EBL/Control panel). I think a detailed reading of the manuals for both your EBL and control panel might be helpful if you have not already done so.

upload_2015-11-4_18-50-34.png

p.s. sorry just realised the clipping does not make sense without the column headings. First column is 'Fault', middle column is 'Possible Cause' and third column is 'Remedy'

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If you do not have the relevant manuals for EBL and control panel, they can be downloaded from the Schaudt website. Post if you need help with this.

swidy

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
wakefield
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
I have an electroblok 225 which is then connect to a let 500 control panel above the door. I have been in the van this afternoon but none of the 12v lights water pump fridge work. I have checked the fuses on the electroblok which seem OK the battery is fully charged and the panel lights up when you press the 12v rocker switch on. Is there a reset button on the electroblok? Or anyone have a thought on what's gone wrong?
Hi Darren
I had a problem with 12v all appeared ok until I demanded power, after checking voltage on just about every place u can, I then checked voltage with demand on and off, in the end I checked the output on the control box which showed 13v until I turned something on it immediately dropped to zero volts it turned out to be a corroded wire under the van which was still connected enough to show volts travelling along the wire but as soon as I demanded power it could handle it, it took me weeks to find it and 10 mins to repair. it may be something totally different, but I'm just saying when you check readings get someone to turn something on and off to see if the readings change. Hope this help or al least makes sense lol

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
As well as the battery test switch most panels have a 12v on/off switch. An interesting fault I have found is a partly blown fuse which allows you to see voltage but fails to carry any current. One thing to check is with the pump selected and the pump light on try switching something else on does the pump light stay lit or go out?

OP
OP
Darren

Darren

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2014
Canterbury Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Izola
Exp
Well had it confirmed today that the 12v relay in the Ebl is defunc.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back