Free Member
Nov 3, 2015
spain
Funster No
MH
winnibago
Exp
new
Hi I have recently purchased a motor home and have been told that in spain I need to get an adaptor for thelpg gas can any one help with this please

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
At the top of the page that minxygirl linked to, the most commonly used is the one in the middle. The dish type, I have used one of those in France, Spain and Portugal.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Johnny, the previous posts all assume that you are looking for an adaptor for a refillable bottle so that you can fill with autogas at petrol stations. Is that what you are really after? Or are you planning to use Spanish gas bottles and want to know if they will fit onto your regulator?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

big johnny

Free Member
Nov 3, 2015
spain
Funster No
MH
winnibago
Exp
new
For the previous post
Yes I think thats what it will be, as I don't know of any filling stations in Tenerife but you can buy the filled gas bottles.

OP
OP
B

big johnny

Free Member
Nov 3, 2015
spain
Funster No
MH
winnibago
Exp
new
Cheers that's helpful thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
The regulator used in Spain is a 28mbar one both for Butane and Propane. EU has standardised on 30mbar on both. You can find that the UK still has 28mbar (Butane) and 37mbar regulators (Propane) as well as the EU standard. You need to work out just what has ben fitted to your vehicle.

If you have a bulkhead mounted regulator 30mbar you will need to get a new pigtail to go onto the Spanish bottle regulator or easier is to use BBQ point and turn off the gas to the UK bottle. Feed the gas in through the BBQ point from the Spanish bottle and regulator. You cannot use two regulators inline.

You will not be able just hire a Spanish bottle (strict regulations and expense) but you can pick one up from a car boot sale or market for about 10 euro. You need an empty one, to get a full one. All Spanish hardware stores stock the pipes and regulators.

Repsol have "stop me and buy one" trucks that deliver to houses and sites on a weekly basis. Spain has little mains gas so most people rely on this delivery. You will see loads of these trucks as you drive around. CEPSA you will find in many garage forecourts. CEPSA do a lightweight aluminium bottle or a composite one and they are much lighter than the Repsol and UK steel bottles.

Bottle Gas prices are regulated by the government so you will be paying about 15euro for an 11kg bottle

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back