Three 'Feel at home', MIFI sim? (1 Viewer)

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
I have just been pointed to a Three Sim for Data, which can be used 'Feel at Home' in our MIFI for 12gb data that lasts for 12 months for £70.49. Is that as good as it gets for data?

OP
OP
LaMB

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
That's a good price. Does that work in Europe too? We didn't want a monthly pay one, as we aren't in Europe all the time. This one last 12 months or until you use all the data.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
We have used these for the last two years. Ideal if you are just using mail, social media and general surfing.
Just learnt a harsh lesson and that is to disable the auto play video mode on Facebook as it eats up data.

OP
OP
LaMB

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
We have used these for the last two years. Ideal if you are just using mail, social media and general surfing.
Just learnt a harsh lesson and that is to disable the auto play video mode on Facebook as it eats up data.

Yes that does eat data - already learnt that lol

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

And keep an eye on it after you've disabled it. Updates sometimes turn it back on without telling you (y)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
If you have an Android tablet make sure your 'App store' updates are off. Samsung Apps have their own update settings too.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Turn off auto updates as well! I been caught out with that more than once.

Yes so have I. It's an easy one to get caught out by as the phone thinks it's on WiFi.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Don't forget that all 3 sims, be they on contract or say 12gb for 12 months, if you use them for 2 months continuously whilst abroad 3 may switch off use abroad for the rest of the time it takes to use up all the data or runs out of time.

OP
OP
LaMB

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
Don't forget that all 3 sims, be they on contract or say 12gb for 12 months, if you use them for 2 months continuously whilst abroad 3 may switch off use abroad for the rest of the time it takes to use up all the data or runs out of time.

Not what Three told me, so interesting.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not what Three told me, so interesting.

There's a fool proof method to use when dealing with Three, especially their evil call centre:

Assume that whatever they say to you they are lying.

You won't go far wrong. (y)

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

Is indeed too !! A lady on another French forum bought in the UK and have now switched off cos she has used for 2 months .

Sorry, rant coming on. Very cross with 3 Mobile. I took one of their pay as you go SIMS when I was in the UK early this year and transferred the UK number I have had for about 16 years to it. They have a service called Feel at Home which can give you the same price calls whilst out of the UK, but I was told this was just for their pay monthly clients. I was quite satisfied with the Pay as You Go promise of 3p a minute calls in the UK, fairly cheap UK to France calls, and 18p a minute calls in France. I even recommended them on here, I think. I also have a French mobile but keep the UK one for the times I go home and also give that number out to UK business contacts, and all my UK friends have it. I have suddenly been disconnected and am unable to make or, more seriously, receive calls on this number on the grounds that I have been using their Feel at Home service for the last two months. This is something that I never asked for, signed up for or contracted for and I assumed that my calls to the UK were being charged at 18p a minute. I am in the process of writing an extremely complaining letter to them, but, in the meantime, BEWARE 3 MOBILE.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is indeed too !! A lady on another French forum bought in the UK and have now switched off cos she has used for 2 months .

Sorry, rant coming on. Very cross with 3 Mobile. I took one of their pay as you go SIMS when I was in the UK early this year and transferred the UK number I have had for about 16 years to it. They have a service called Feel at Home which can give you the same price calls whilst out of the UK, but I was told this was just for their pay monthly clients. I was quite satisfied with the Pay as You Go promise of 3p a minute calls in the UK, fairly cheap UK to France calls, and 18p a minute calls in France. I even recommended them on here, I think. I also have a French mobile but keep the UK one for the times I go home and also give that number out to UK business contacts, and all my UK friends have it. I have suddenly been disconnected and am unable to make or, more seriously, receive calls on this number on the grounds that I have been using their Feel at Home service for the last two months. This is something that I never asked for, signed up for or contracted for and I assumed that my calls to the UK were being charged at 18p a minute. I am in the process of writing an extremely complaining letter to them, but, in the meantime, BEWARE 3 MOBILE.
I'm a bit confused. It sounds as if you bought a UK based sim and wanted to use it full time in France? If so I don't think your letter of complaint is going to get a lot of attention! :). The Three feel at home package has always been aimed at folk based in the UK who take a holiday in Europe. The only debate is about how long that holiday can be, but full time? Nope. :):)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

Can't copy the text but here's a screen grab of the usage terms from three
Screenshot_2015-11-03-21-41-12.png

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I get 1gb a month for £5 with EE on a data only sim

Loyalty bonus was applied though I think so you need to ask for it

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I'm a bit confused. It sounds as if you bought a UK based sim and wanted to use it full time in France? If so I don't think your letter of complaint is going to get a lot of attention! :). The Three feel at home package has always been aimed at folk based in the UK who take a holiday in Europe. The only debate is about how long that holiday can be, but full time? Nope. :):)

Wasn't me !! But the person did not want to use full time but I assume as tgey don't have internet when away from home here ( ie out of the home environment in France )

I have bought a pay as you go from 3 also and used in France before .

My point us only it seems if you are coming over to France for over 2 months then this plan from 3 is not feasible

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Yes so have I. It's an easy one to get caught out by as the phone thinks it's on WiFi.

Yes agree and emphasise, your phone will think it's on wifi if connecting to a mifi....which of course it is, but isn't if you see what I mean. So all vide auto plays, updates off etc as said before

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I use 3 sim in France where we stay for several months at a time and I buy 1 month at a time,(either 1gb for £10 or 3gb for £15) and it has never not allowed me to top up data on month ending for another month (done this on six month stays)-although obviously more expensive by month, it is obviously cheaper than paying for 12 months upfront and only getting 2 months worth!

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
I use 3 sim in France where we stay for several months at a time and I buy 1 month at a time,(either 1gb for £10 or 3gb for £15) and it has never not allowed me to top up data on month ending for another month (done this on six month stays)-although obviously more expensive by month, it is obviously cheaper than paying for 12 months upfront and only getting 2 months worth!

Yes agreed and this had me a bit confused at first as I didn't fully realise these packages eg the 12 month one are just start up ones with card included and work out a bit dearer than top ups of thatcsame card thereafter. The 12 month one would be ok as a first one if you really aren't sure how much you'll use on smaller trips but otherwise just get any of their cards n top up when it expires

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

I am in the process of writing an extremely complaining letter to them, but, in the meantime, BEWARE 3 MOBILE.
They'd switch it off after 6 months as well if not used.:(
Oh & once switched off the card cannot be reinstated . They have to send a new card .:cry:
Oh & if they agree to 'reinstate ' the original number & send you a new card , they won't tell you that the 'new' card is actually the same as you would buy with a completely different phone number & imei number on it that they have reprogrammed. That 'll take you numerous phone calls to Bhindi's sister/brother in India/Glasgow , & 12 more days, to be told.:)
Can't copy the text but here's a screen grab of the usage terms from three
View attachment 81518
Unfortunately they lie. They do not inform you in advance & additionally they allowed me to use mine, & multiple top ups in the up for 6 weeks , before switching it off. To say I wasn't happy is an understatement.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back