Found my dream motorhome (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
$_12.JPG

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP

Deleted User
The seller says that the breaks work okay but don't think you will need to use them much as it hasn't got an engine.

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
Wow. Just Wow.

Wish I had the patience and skill (or money) to take on a project like that.

I wonder whether it could be fitted with an up to date engine and running gear to keep it usable; a good friend has just sold his VW T1 which was a beatiful little vehicle but barely usable on current roads with its twenty eight horsepower...

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Wow. Just Wow.

Wish I had the patience and skill (or money) to take on a project like that.

I wonder whether it could be fitted with an up to date engine and running gear to keep it usable; a good friend has just sold his VW T1 which was a beatiful little vehicle but barely usable on current roads with its twenty eight horsepower...

You'd be surprised- my best friend rolls around in this across the UK. Completely stock. He even managed to get up to 70 a few times...

image.jpeg

OP
OP

Deleted User
The seller says that the breaks work okay but don't think you will need to use them much as it hasn't got an engine.
must learn how to spell - perhaps I should get a dictionary for Christmas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When in France, I am always looking for something like this at the back of sheds and things, love to get one but not at 5 grand:Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Came across this one in Scotland near Sheigra. It was apparently once used to transport inmates between prisons in South Africa.

amazing.. still has the S.African graffiti .. :LOL:

looks like the chassis is a forward control Landrover ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Fit a Porsche engine, as they used to on Beach Buggies and it would probably need the brakes being beefed up. :)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
amazing.. still has the S.African graffiti .. :LOL:

looks like the chassis is a forward control Landrover ?

Forward control landrover it is indeed. Used for all sorts of stuff, including a fire truck I worked with in the RAF in Shetland.

The owner was amazing; he told me he did the conversion to motorhome in a day :eek:.

We would all take months or years even!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
You'd be surprised- my best friend rolls around in this across the UK. Completely stock. He even managed to get up to 70 a few times...

View attachment 81451
I had one like that it rolled 3 times before stopping. to get to 70 rolls must have been going ,, the rear axle tucked in when a friend was driving, he swerved to miss a pedestrian and off it went, at the rear end hop hop hop dig in ROLL ROLL ROLL clunk, It had so much rust it was powder at the end. THAT WAS 1969 so this one must be special to last so long

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
I had one like that it rolled 3 times before stopping. to get to 70 rolls must have been going ,, the rear axle tucked in when a friend was driving, he swerved to miss a pedestrian and off it went, at the rear end hop hop hop dig in ROLL ROLL ROLL clunk, It had so much rust it was powder at the end. THAT WAS 1969 so this one must be special to last so long

Wow. his is a 1956 that is still running cross ply tyres. It's a work vehicle but he has commanded ownership of it the jammy so and so. He cruises at around 55 but it's a nice ride. I miss my air cooled vans/beetles. But, with the kids so young (and I hate to admit it) safety and practicality comes way ahead of cool stakes.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There's not much engine cooling going on in the pictures and as an ex type 2 owner I know how important it is with them. ZF gearbox? I don't think so, so what has been in there as a power plant? The gearbox seems to be working ok? There's no bloody engine so how would he know? (n):LOL:

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
It's crying out to be scoobied!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.