Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have two, had them for years, Siân uses them all the time. First we bought the standard one for the van, really impressed so bought the large one for the house. This trip Siân said she wanted to take the big one with us, so I removed the standard and bought the large one from the kitchen and dropped it onto a stone floor, the lid was so deformed it would not work. So after my 30 minute rollicking I duly repacked the small one.

In Portugal and the small one has just packed up, so Siân has tasked me with replacing it ASAP. Trouble is, they cost an arm and a leg and as good as they are, I'm loathed to buy another. Is there something that works as well that will keep Siân happy and me richer?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I know it doesn't help now Jim but don't they have a lifetime guarantee from Lakeland?

Probably doesn't cover a clumsy oaf dropping the lid but should cover the standard one that packed up?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I think Aldi was selling them not so long ago.
Trouble is, you have to visit with a week of specials going on sale as they either sell out or remove to make way for new stuff.
Worth keeping an eye out on their offers though - same with Lidl.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
we have one of the Halogen cookers; once you've "read the instructions "! :whistle: impressed

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We have two, had them for years, Siân uses them all the time. First we bought the standard one for the van, really impressed so bought the large one for the house. This trip Siân said she wanted to take the big one with us, so I removed the standard and bought the large one from the kitchen and dropped it onto a stone floor, the lid was so deformed it would not work. So after my 30 minute rollicking I duly repacked the small one.

In Portugal and the small one has just packed up, so Siân has tasked me with replacing it ASAP. Trouble is, they cost an arm and a leg and as good as they are, I'm loathed to buy another. Is there something that works as well that will keep Siân happy and me richer?

Hi Jim
We have the Czech cooker I don't know if they do a large one but the one we have is great and it has a control knob to regulate the cooking. also they are a good deal cheaper. Pete

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Just had a Grand Remoska delivered by Alza. Quoted two weeks for delivery but arrived in just over a week. Seems identical to the Lakeland one except had a continental plug. Remoska, adapter and delivery £80ish against £170 plus delivery from Lakeland. Well happy.

Edit: No delivery charge by Lakeland if over £30.

Last edited:

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Just had a Grand Remoska delivered by Alza. Quoted two weeks for delivery but arrived in just over a week. Seems identical to the Lakeland one except had a continental plug. Remoska, adapter and delivery £80ish against £170 plus delivery from Lakeland. Well happy.

Edit: No delivery charge by Lakeland if over £30.

We got ours from same place, only a week to deliver and again £80 as opposed to £160 odd from Lakeland. Don't know how we've managed without one all this time! Definitely live up to expectations!

May 6, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1980
Agree, get one from Alza, very good service at a fraction of Lakelands price.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
can't beat a Dutch oven.. (y)

You know you want one Jim.. :cool:

41IJrXYa-XL._SY300_.jpg

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Same with us, got small from Alza site couple weeks ago £68.

Lin :)

Cooked anything good up yet Lin? Our worst was scones that came out like biscuits and the best was a chicken and butternut squash curry...yummy :).

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Never owned one, sensibly what can you cook in one? The reason that I ask is that we have a huge electric oven in the RV, which means either hook up or genny running. We have had the van three years now, and for three years I have been promising Lyn that I would install a gas oven as she calls the electric one "that stupid thing" I have fitted every toy imaginable, yet just don't seem to get round to fitting the oven lol

Would this save me installing a gas oven? I assume that I could run it from my on board inverter, we certainly have a big enough battery bank at circa 850Ah, but, If I invest in one Lyn will see it as a cop out if it doesn't work! My name will be mud!

Can you heat pasties, pies and pizza for example? without them ending up soggy? could you cook a chicken and some roasties if you had the bigger one?

And reviews welcomed

Ta
xx

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@eddievanbitz, hi Eddie, I use mine all the time at home for roast meats of all kinds, quicker than an oven and the meat always seems less dry, potatoes go in as well. It's always in the van if we are away for anything longer than a weekend.

I would always use it rather than an oven - much easier to clean! (y)

We have the large one - couldn't see the point in the smaller one, but happy to be proved wrong! ;)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Haven't reheated anything in it, but don't see why you couldn't do it. I have the recipe book as well but have to say have never used it!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
eddies@vanbitz, the thing about them is that they only use 450 watts or so, and are very adaptable. So with your massive bank of batteries, you should be fine. It's a different cooking skill, you have to get used to them, I can see that some wouldn't be bothered, others find them indispensable at home and away. Very good for one pot cooking. Ours is the alternative cheaper version, we really like it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
[
Never owned one, sensibly what can you cook in one? The reason that I ask is that we have a huge electric oven in the RV, which means either hook up or genny running. We have had the van three years now, and for three years I have been promising Lyn that I would install a gas oven as she calls the electric one "that stupid thing" I have fitted every toy imaginable, yet just don't seem to get round to fitting the oven lol

Would this save me installing a gas oven? I assume that I could run it from my on board inverter, we certainly have a big enough battery bank at circa 850Ah, but, If I invest in one Lyn will see it as a cop out if it doesn't work! My name will be mud!

Can you heat pasties, pies and pizza for example? without them ending up soggy? could you cook a chicken and some roasties if you had the bigger one?

And reviews welcomed

Ta
xx

It works just like an oven Eddie so I would think it could do anything an oven does.

We have the large one at home and Isabel usually cooks the Sunday roast in it along with plenty of roasties.
Plenty big enough to feed 4.

We have the small one in the van which we mainly use for baked potatoes or sometimes cottage pie.

I really can't think of a downside with them, except according to @Jim its easy to smash the lid:whistle2:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We've cooked pizza and heated up sausage rolls and they come out lovely, not all soft and soggy which I hate when done in the microwwave.

Have made casserole and cooked jacket potatoes so far, only had it a couple of weeks and well impressed. We have the Grand.

Deleted User
Cooked anything good up yet Lin? Our worst was scones that came out like biscuits and the best was a chicken and butternut squash curry...yummy :).
Had Thai curry, very nice, chicken and roast potatoes, potatoes a bit soggy, chocolate cake x2 1st burned top soggy middle, second attempt put foil on top baked perfectly, so done same with a lemon cake, and a potato tortilla type thing, sliced potatoes, egg, cheese and mushrooms or peppers makes a very nice lunch or side dish :)
Just bought a microwave pressure cooker from Lakeland today, so that's next for testing :D. Edit and a rack for the Remoska.

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Aldi do spatchcock chicken piri piri or garlic fit in the grand remoska with roasties taste great worth a try we also have 2 can't risk going away without it hook up or inverter

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We use a Remoska at home now too as it cooks meat so well, browning it but not drying it out, also great for jacket potatoes, reheating pasties & really probably everything than an oven can do on a fraction of the electric too - love it! :) Wasn't sure about baking with it but made this bread pudding last week & really good (y)
IMG_20151101_190730919.jpg

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
We use a Remoska at home now too as it cooks meat so well, browning it but not drying it out, also great for jacket potatoes, reheating pasties & really probably everything than an oven can do on a fraction of the electric too - love it! :) Wasn't sure about baking with it but made this bread pudding last week & really good (y)View attachment 81860

That looks well yummy!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone concerned about the Remoska pan being aluminium - can use a heavy steel tin like the one in our photo of bread pudding above either in the base (baking) or on the Lakeland Remoska rack http://www.lakeland.co.uk/brands/remoska-brand for chicken pieces . The rack is great for crisp pastry & pizza too.

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Had Thai curry, very nice, chicken and roast potatoes, potatoes a bit soggy, chocolate cake x2 1st burned top soggy middle, second attempt put foil on top baked perfectly, so done same with a lemon cake, and a potato tortilla type thing, sliced potatoes, egg, cheese and mushrooms or peppers makes a very nice lunch or side dish :)
Just bought a microwave pressure cooker from Lakeland today, so that's next for testing :D. Edit and a rack for the Remoska.

You've done more than us Lin (y).

Curry came out great and baked potatoes which is good to know as I've had limited success on a gas bbq! The tortilla type thing sounds worth a try as well :).

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Have just received ours, it as the continental plug if I cut the plug off are there three wires for a UK plug. Thanks

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Have just received ours, it as the continental plug if I cut the plug off are there three wires for a UK plug. Thanks
Wouldn't that invalidate the warranty?
I use a 3 pin adapter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back