Soooo.. what do we know about the Miller range ? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bit late now as I have signed up for it, but anyone know anything good or bad about the Miller range ? We are getting an Alabama 7 berth.. it is on a Pug chassis with the 2.8 lump in it

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !!!
Well it seems they are a bit of an unknown all round !

Whiiicccchhhhh thinking about it is proly a good thing, as only bad news gets published.. Good news rarely gets heard or passed on as it is usually boring !
I mean, how can you liven up 'it all works ok' ! ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bit late now as I have signed up for it, but anyone know anything good or bad about the Miller range ? We are getting an Alabama 7 berth.. it is on a Pug chassis with the 2.8 lump in it

Good luck with your new toy .. hope it lives up to all your expectations.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not even sure what expecteations we have !:Smile:
It is going to replace our 20 year old Hobby bodied Ducato which really has been stonking in every respect..
We just thought considering we love the 'scene' ( in no small part to the good folk on this 'ere forum ) and we are not getting any younger, it would be nice to update the kit a bit ( !!! )

I have offered the 'beast' to a close friend who I hope will take it up ( I have pitched the price to him at about 2 or 3k less than the present market value but it would be great to get him and his lady 'on board' the motorhome gig ! )

Before I collect the Miller I am having the hot water heater changed for gas and mains, a ladder fitted and roof railing fitted, so will not be getting it for at least another 10 days..
I am like a 5 year old on Christmas eve at the moment !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok Jaws I will put my Knowlege to use, I hope.

Miller are makers of middle of the road vans and come out of the same stable as Joint and Enlargh. I think they are imported via france, but there is a lot of Millers to be seen in France. I think they do Sharky as well and there is a van called the Miller dingy, or was whom I spoke to the owners of in Scotland in Winter whilst Skiiing who swore by it.

Personally I think what ever you jump in too, you will be absoloutly made up after .the... van you had previously, not to undo your old van but you are going forward in technology 20 years.

I think in terms of throwing caution to the wind and going for it you made a good choice,, I love motorhoming and lifes too dam short not to go with what you enjoy.:thumb:

did you not grace your old van with some wheeltrims at Peterborough though? what a waste:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nahh.. That was my son-law, 'Des' of den n donut fame..
I did spend a small ranson on new LED strip lights for both inside and outside the van though !

robcmay

Free Member
Apr 4, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
miller alabama
Exp
miller alabama

I have a Miller Alabama 7 berth like yours but on a "54" plate we have been all round France in it as well as here in the UK we think it is great. The 2.8l engine means it has plenty of guts, the only downside with the motorhome is it does not have an oven, only a grill and hob apart from that best thing I've ever bought.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Part of the SEA group
Link Removed

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
nothing like digging up an old thread :thumb:
Yer, found out it was part of SeA when I found out it was over weight when empty !! Had to contact them .. That was back in 2009 (Sharky is another SeA type too ::bigsmile: 0

Rob, ours has an oven..
Does yours have the garage option,

does it have those odd shaped windows in the overcab area ?

Is it the Alabama States ?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Jaws

A couple of friends had one each, one is now bankrupt, the other lives in his full time after losing his house. Expensive parts apparently...............

No we ain't got a clue! Enjoy your new wheels, they can't be any worse than anything else!:thumb:

We see lots on the continent. Our continental counterparts seem far more demanding on the manufacturers than us, so they must be OK!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Guys, this is a very old thread ! We bought it in 2009 and have been happy as pigs in poo with it !!

Everything about it is extremely high quality and top of the range ( to the point that I was and continue to be extremely surprised at just how good it is )

Just thought.. proly tempting fate with all that !!! So touch wood and whistle it continues to be as good as it has been so far ::bigsmile: :thumb:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Guys, this is a very old thread ! We bought it in 2009 and have been happy as pigs in poo with it !!

Everything about it is extremely high quality and top of the range ( to the point that I was and continue to be extremely surprised at just how good it is )

Just thought.. proly tempting fate with all that !!! So touch wood and whistle it continues to be as good as it has been so far ::bigsmile: :thumb:
Did it last well...? šŸ˜Š

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back