Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Was in the washing up station this morning with 2 other couples who was discussing something, being hard of hearing I didn't know what they was talking about and just said Hi when one said to me "I bet it was bad for you last night being next to them!"
I asked what he was on about to which he said " Those in the tent next to you..............their baby was crying all night.......didn't you hear it?" I explained I don't hear anything without my hearing aids he said "your lucky.........it kept us lot awake all-night, I really don't think babies should be allowed on campsites!"
To which I said about the forum and said I would ask you gang what your thoughts were on the subject.

Sooooo..........wadaya think?

It ever bothered you?

Boo

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Everyone was a baby once and babies cry - fact...... those crying babes are the motorhome fun members of the future!

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Sure baby crying all night would bug the hell out of me, drive me nuts and probably make me move on the next day.

Does that mean people shouldn't be aloud to bring babies on camp sites, hell no. I like peace and quite and I try and respect other peoples peace but its not as if they were in their tent slapping the baby trying to make it cry, they were probably completely shattered trying to keep the damn thing quite.

I think Mr Van Bitz made a very true statment once, diffrent things annoy diffrent people, most of whom dont set out to be annoying in the first place. Whats annoying to one may not be to another, I know i have my qwirks.

Unless someone is taking the micky then I dont think they should be restricted from site or asked to leave. Personaly if I was sitting in a Tent with my daughter crying loud enough to wake the dead I'd rather the people next to me stuck their head in and asked if their was anything they could do than moan about it the next day. I might be quite shy but I'd certainly rather help somone than gripe about them.

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Everyone was a baby once and babies cry - fact...... those crying babes are the motorhome fun members of the future!

well said

tell them to find an adult only site, then they only need to listen to late night revellers :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
well said

tell them to find an adult only site, then they only need to listen to late night revellers :RollEyes:

There are adult only sites?

I have heard of sites not taking children under 2yrs old.

Boo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I just love kids.I used to go to Skool wiv em:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
they are quite nice barbiqued or in maroc they tagine them. best while young the bones are still soft to chew.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Yes but it's not just kids (babies) crying ,I've been on sites where the dogs have yapped and barked all night, and all they do is smile and say ooh sorry yea right!!
I think, like you say, kids cry never mind ,but I've been on adults only sites where their behaviour has been worse than a 5 year olds!!
Yer pays yer money etc etc etc

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Babies dont cry all night unless their is something wrong.

We often have had babies and groups of young children pitched next to us in the summer holidays - some a well behaved and some are not, but everyone is an individual and different.

I dont think babies/young children should be "banned" from camping etc.

Every baby has diifferent habits and different sleeping patterns.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We have no problems with crying babys, but Generators, engine recharging, noisy p***ups and barking dogs, well thats another matter.

Doug...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
now I know why we always wild camp away from annoying people, babies, dogs, generators, parties, snoring etc. must have been a subconscious way of dealing with the problems before they arrive

OP
OP
Boo

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Was told today that the baby was only weeks old and was on 2 hourly feeds......................so every 2 hours it was crying for food which woke them up.

Personally, I wouldn't have taken one of mine camping/caravaning when they was so young...................apart from it not being a good environment for them I wouldn't have put the rest of the campers through the 2 hourly screams for a bottle.

Some people just don't think of others same as the noisey dogs, geny's, party people and aircon units offenders................they seem to think that if THEY don't mind hearing their dogs yap that others won't either :thumb:

Well heres the wakeup call..................THEY DO MIND! ::bigsmile:

Boo

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
You can bring noisey babies to funster meets cause you would never hear them over the noise of the ****heads:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
and we need something to eat after a skin full of beer . would you like a wing, or a leg.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back