Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Folks,
We are currently overnighting in a Broken Link Removed near Zaragoza. From the link you can find many other free stopovers in Spain, far more than appear in the 'All the Aires Spain and Portugal' book.
We stopped here because the weather today was dangerous with high winds and torrential rain. Just had a meal in the truckers restaurant. 10€ each including three courses, bread, wine and coffee. it was excellent. It's a bit noisy here with the trucks coming and going but a comfortable and safe place to stop. Thought it might be useful to some of you.
Mags
P.S. Read about our adventures on our blog www.lovemotorhoming.com

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Hi Mags. Good to hear you stopped safe and sound. Thanx for the truck stop.link- will be handy for me making my way down.
I moved on from La Rochelle as didn't like the feel but wind really picked up so Im parked up in la palmyre.
I may even bump into you on.my travels!
Take care :)

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
I am at Benicassim ,decided to go on a site with impending weather,

Think I made the right decision as,some places hit hard,waiting for good weather,before travelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hi Folks,
We are currently overnighting in a Broken Link Removed near Zaragoza. From the link you can find many other free stopovers in Spain, far more than appear in the 'All the Aires Spain and Portugal' book.
We stopped here because the weather today was dangerous with high winds and torrential rain. Just had a meal in the truckers restaurant. 10€ each including three courses, bread, wine and coffee. it was excellent. It's a bit noisy here with the trucks coming and going but a comfortable and safe place to stop. Thought it might be useful to some of you.
Mags
P.S. Read about our adventures on our blog www.lovemotorhoming.com

Thanks for posting this Mags, we will be passing here in a couple of weeks time and I had it down as an option to stop at. Nothing beats an 'on the spot' report though. Thanks Dave :).

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
@Mags52 are the Motorhome bays still marked out there by the fence??
Someone said they were being taken out...
We used this stop back in 2012, noisy as you would expect with a truckstop but convenient and seemed safe enough,

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
@Mags52 are the Motorhome bays still marked out there by the fence??
Someone said they were being taken out...
We used this stop back in 2012, noisy as you would expect with a truckstop but convenient and seemed safe enough,
No there motorhome spaces are no longer marked out. We drove in beside the café and found a patch of spaces not under cover and stayed there. It felt safe being next to the shop and café. I don't think they advertise for motorhomes any more but they didn't object and the guy in the café was very kind. He spoke some English and called us 'Darlinks'

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Good move
I am at Benicassim ,decided to go on a site with impending weather,

Think I made the right decision as,some places hit hard,waiting for good weather,before travelling.
Eve. If you're still looking for a motorhome dealer to help with your fridge we went to Caravanas Cruz in Elche just south of Alicante. David in the workshop speaks English. They were very helpful. We stayed at Marjal Eco Camping resort near Catral and it was really good. Great facilities. Hope you have a good trip. Mags

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Mags. Good to hear you stopped safe and sound. Thanx for the truck stop.link- will be handy for me making my way down.
I moved on from La Rochelle as didn't like the feel but wind really picked up so Im parked up in la palmyre.
I may even bump into you on.my travels!
Take care :)
We're heading back to France via the Somport Tunnel tomorrow. Staying over in Oloron St Marie in the Pyrenees then heading East before slowly moving north again. Missing the heat already. Keep safe. Mags

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Thanks mags,will make a note of that,it's working on electric,to me it seems to be the on/off switch it does not seem to give enough time to choose position before turning off,there is still a red battery display showing when turning fridge on.
Thank you for the information have a good trip home.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Staying over in Oloron St Marie Mags[/QUOTE]

One of the stops I made on way back a little tight getting in off the road sign says 7 spaces counted 15 when I left in the morning .quiet stop over though .(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back