Awnings (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I designed an awning panel system because there wasn't any on the market that met my needs. I wanted som 100% waterproof onesthat let lots of light in similar to a conservatory on a house

Our awning rooms and blocker panels are light-weight, strong and rip-resistant, are 100% waterproof, rot-proof , are easy to fit and store, and will let lots of light through yet cut down the dazzle of the sun allowing comfortable use of the awning.

Please take a look here www.parrotsol.co.uk
If you need to know anything else please let me know.

Upvote 0

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
There are lots of threads and info on here on this subject, we found it a bit daunting to be honest trying to decide what to get but ruled out sides for wind out as we wanted one for extended use overwintering in Spain. In the end, we were given a great Dorema awning by a very nice and generous fellow funster, which is the one in our current avatar. Have a good look through the threads and think about how you want or expect to use your awning.

Dave :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There are several choices available for you if you really want an additional room that you can drive away from. My choice, if I had to make one, would be an inflatable awning which goes up in a very short time unlike the complete large attached awning. I have watched vans arrive at lunchtime and been bemused at the struggle to get the awning out of the van. The same pleasure was extended to tea-time when they were still finding the correct poles, only completing the erection as the sun set.
Depending on the use you wish to make of your awning space, you could have a look at Windblockers various fittings or Fiamma/Omnistor panels which can be added to your existing awning.
Everyone has different needs so there is no ideal answer however, payloads can become an issue and most awning rooms are heavy. Many more people own an awning than use them, which also says something. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Alan

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
I would agree with the posts above - I bought a Movelite Oxygen XL ( £70 used from a guy retiring) easy to put up in garden...and first time on a site with wind and interfering campers next door ( sorry I meant experts) it was a stressful experience and didn't quite cover the door on my Elddis 120 - since been away with my Benimar it fits a treat went up swiftly and was great use. So I have only used it twice in a year. I do have a Fiamma awning and use Lillypad wind blockers when abroad. We have considered an inflatable drive away awning - there are so many things to consider such as sewn in groundsheet ( or not) and the location of access doors, fly screens and quantity of windows and whether curtains are included that roll sideways or roll down or up for that adjustable privacy . Yes it can be daunting . Good Luck .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Identify the make of your fixed awning and look at the agents websites for add on panels, if you use a drive away awning it will be additional or in place of your existing awning. As I understand it, all these options are heavy and take up storage space, inevitably many remain unused. I guess it depends on how long you intend to remain pitched in the same place. We have found our wind out awning combined with an Isabella windbreak is all we require.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you give us a ring we should be able to help you either with sides and a front if its a Fiamma awning, or a drive away, there are lots of special offers on at the moment so bag a bargain!

01-580-883062 is the number, Ricky, Becca, Nick, Daisy, Simon or Matt all have extensive product knowledge

Peter

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back