Hi (1 Viewer)

S

susiet

Deleted User
Hi to everyone, we are completely new to all of this and have bought our very first camper/motorhome...not sure what the correct term for it is, anyway it is a little old Talbot Express 1985 we are really looking forward to getting away in July for 2 weeks in it to Scotland, only problem is, well we are not quite sure how to work things in the van, the guy we bought it from was not very helpful in showing us how everyhing worked and being complete novices we are a bit worried. Do any of you kind people know where we would find an idiots guide to this....I know it maybe a bit of a tall order but fingers crossed. Many Thanks Sue

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hiya Guys and a Very BIG Welcome from me.

That's exactly how we started out.

Have FUN.:thumb:Ask away here with the questions Plenty of expertise on this site.

REMEMBER We were all novices at one time.

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Sue Welcome to the FUN site
we would all love to help you
But first you have to help us
Tell us who made the Motorhome bit and if its a home conversion we will need to know the make and model of the item you need help with
above all have FUN
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

susiet

Deleted User
Hi, thanks for being so kind. I am not too sure about who made the motorhome part, how would I find this out? I have just looked at my documents and all it says is Talbot Express 2000 1985 C reg. I know this is probably no help at all sorry . Sue

OP
OP
S

susiet

Deleted User
Hi, We live in Saddleworth, which is approximately 6 miles from Oldham. Many Thanks Sue

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi and :welcome: Sue,
There should be a plate somewhere on the body of thje camper saying the manufactor/converter with a whole spec in detail.

Failing that you could just fish around with google imiges after you put the deatails you have into it, and hope you spot yours amoungst them :winky:

If not someone will be able to identify yours :thumb:

Hope it helps

Boo

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Sue, you can ask any question you like in the beginner section, lots of friendly help here, meanwhile welcome to the fun:thumb:

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Hi Sue +, Big welcome to you. You will get all the help you need on here and have a good :ROFLMAO: Hope you have a good time in Scotland :thumb: May get to see you at a rally some time. :Eeek:All the best from Pete & Shirl. ( Arizona Chief )

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi, We live in Saddleworth, which is approximately 6 miles from Oldham. Many Thanks Sue

I can only think of someone in Bolton. But there are quite a few northerners.

Do you fancy a run to Nantwich next weekend. Join 40 of us there in a field. We'll sort you out or tip it in the canal. Pub to drown your sorrows if necessary, though no self respecting MH user travels without alcohol for medicinal purposes, and by God some of them need a lot of medicine.

It's a motorhome or in France a Camping Car or Germany a Wohnwagen. Or if you're posh like wot the CC is then it's a Motorised Caravan.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Sue we are in Westhoughton near Bolton. We are going to Drummore from the 28 th to 3 rd July, are you going anywhere near? we could meet up if you are. Is there no name on the outside of your van anywhere? that would tell you who made it.
Welcome to the fun club. Plenty of info if you ask.
Regards, Dave &Jen:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I can only think of someone in Bolton. But there are quite a few northerners.

Do you fancy a run to Nantwich next weekend. Join 40 of us there in a field. We'll sort you out or tip it in the canal. Pub to drown your sorrows if necessary, though no self respecting MH user travels without alcohol for medicinal purposes, and by God some of them need a lot of medicine.

It's a motorhome or in France a Camping Car or Germany a Wohnwagen. Or if you're posh like wot the CC is then it's a Motorised Caravan.

Just Earth Googled the "meet" site... massive field, looking forward to meeting all the funsters...!!!

OP
OP
S

susiet

Deleted User
Hi Brian

Nantwich sounds good we were thinking of trying the van out somewhere next weekend. It would be great to have some people round who know what they are doing. Hubby is working on the Saturday morning but Nantwich is not far from us at all. It would be great if you did not mind a couple of gate crashers!!!!

OP
OP
S

susiet

Deleted User
Hi Dave and Jen

Thanks for your kind reply. We are not going to Scotland till the last 2 weeks of July our idea is to travel up to Speyside stay a few days there then come back down the west coast. I am ashamed to say that although I am Scottish I have not seen half of the country which is why we have decided to have a holiday there. Hopefully once we find our feet (or wheels) we can join in a few get togethers.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Dave and Jen

Thanks for your kind reply. We are not going to Scotland till the last 2 weeks of July our idea is to travel up to Speyside stay a few days there then come back down the west coast. I am ashamed to say that although I am Scottish I have not seen half of the country which is why we have decided to have a holiday there. Hopefully once we find our feet (or wheels) we can join in a few get togethers.

Look forward to hearing more about your travels.

We've been meaning to travel around Scotland with the kids as it looks so idyllic. We prefer the more.."off the beaten track" locations , If there is such a thing Nowadays....Just getting the lpg sorted for the range...

Please let us know of your exploits.:thumb:

One of the places we want to go is Fort William.

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am Scottish I have not seen half of the country which is why we have decided to have a holiday there.

Not Scottish but decided, after years of touring Europe on a bike we'd do Scotland.

We got so cold and wet, end of June, we came back and bought a MH.

Good in some ways but a MH is one BORING way to travel. And expensive, though our original thoughts were "no hotel bills, this will be cheaper" but alas with diesel prices and campsite prices the MH is just as expensive, even if using Aires. A comment from a fellow Funster wild camping in Spain "If you pay that for a camp pitch you may as well stay in hotels".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back