Leaking window (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
We have a 2004 Bessacarr and one of the side windows is leaking. It's got the aluminium framed windows and the water is coming up between the seal and the inner cill.

the same has this.

I believe there's a modification to prevent this requiring drilling of the outer frame and cutting the seal but can't find details anywhere.

Has anyone come across this mod?
Thanks in advance.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
We had a similar problem with our James Cook, MB Sprinter. I tried sealant, added a self adhesive gutter above the window but finally had the window taken out and re-fitted. No more leaking!(y)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If is a recent occurrence, then I don't think there are any short cuts or quick fixes to doing a proper job..
as said, window out and reseal..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If it is coming in the same place as the video taking the window out of the van won't do a jot for stopping it as the water is coming from the frame not the gap between the frame and the van.

The water must be getting behind the seal at the top or the sides and running down and out the lowest point, I would pull the rubber seal out and give everything a good clean and then as long as it's not damaged just refit and cross fingers.

No doubt you could drill a little hole to let it run out instead of coming in but I would approach the problem first before trying to invent a cure for a problem that should not be there.

Martin

OP
OP
Tom A
Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Thanks for the replies. Been in contact with Brownhills who were the original supplier, who then contacted Swift and between them and found the necessary modification.
I'll try and attach it. It's a mod that very few have heard of but the pdf came from Swift so it's a known fault.

Attachments

• Window modification (1).pdf
    1 MB · Views: 44

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's a mod that very few have heard of but the pdf came from Swift so it's a known fault.

indeed.. and thanks for info..

always learning.. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back