Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
I just wanted to add my thoughts to this superb service. We've just had our first 4 nights away in our new MoHo. The first 3 were courtesy of Brit Stops which we joined at the NEC and never was a better £25 spent for this year's membership. Our first stop was near Shepton Mallet to allow us to visit the East Somerset Railway the following day. A huge level and tarmaced pub car park with one other MH for company. Welcoming and pleasant staff and good food at a reasonable price. A quiet and peaceful first night was enjoyed by both of us. Our next night was near St Austell as we were to visit the Eden Project the next day. This was also pub with a camping field behind it. This one even provided a toilet building and gave us a free EHU. Again very welcoming and friendly staff with an excellent restaurant. After a day at the Eden Project we moved on to our 3rd site near Liskard. This pub didn't do evening meals but recommended a restaurant a short walk away, so all they got out of the deal was a couple of drinks. Our 4th night was in an aire just outside Roscoff, our first experience of French aires and again, level tarmac in a large parking area which we shared with a couple of other MHs. Waking up to a sea view is not normally something we can enjoy for free.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Good that you find it a great service. From what I believe its very good unless like me you live in Scotland and wild camp a lot. We can stop most places for free.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi, have you discovered 'groups' on the forum yet? There's one especially for Britstops & it would be great if you could take the time to add your reviews in the relevent sections. It was set up so that other members can find info easily:).

In case you haven't seen the groups section it can be found in the blue strapline under the MHF logo, might be in the bit which just shows as 3 bars.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Seems a good scheme

I was tempted to join at the NEC until I realised this year finishes in Feb so I'll join then instead

Tight us Northerners tha'knows!

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We are from down south and realised that membership renews/starts in February so we decided to wait til next year. Are we tight southerners?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Our experiences have all been very positive too !
Sadly I am not organised enough to remember where the hell we have been ( wandering around the UK as we did this summer ) but all in all could not be more pleased with the scheme

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Do what I did, find Britstops a new site and get a year for free....:)

KH

Now that is really tight!! ;)

I see you are from the Scottish Highlands where abouts? - a Teuchter like myself? - I was born in Inverness and raised in Portmahomack near Tain, where I went to school - everyones heard of Tain as it is home to GLEMMORANGIE whisky :)

Esmerelda

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducatto
Exp
Very little
We have just been away for a couple of weeks and used a mixture of campsites and 4 Britstops - they were absolutely brilliant - such a good scheme for us. We did wild camp a couple of times but I personally prefer to use a site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back