LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
As a newbie to this motorhome adventure, i intend to glee as much knowledge from you guys as i can; especially before my unit arrives at the beginning of Dec:clap:. To that end, i may resurrect a few old threads:rolleyes:. But also i do like a good old read through a magazine. love the glossies and info in the expert section.

Can anyone recommend a good one, or are they all much of the same?

Yours Aye

Michael

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Any magazine like any forum begins to repeat topics after a time but I too found MMM an enjoyable read for a couple of years or so then stopped buying it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Practical Motorhome is a bit more representative of the hobby in my opinion.
There is always something to go wrong and there is a bit more technical stuff in there.
I feel that MMM tends to cater for the older motorhomer!:imoutahere:

Upvote 0

Huskydog

Free Member
Oct 23, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
Lunar roadstar 620
Exp
I to am waiting to buy a motorhome (still got my caravan)and have bought a few mags to get some insite as to the in's and out's of owning a M/H, as well as getting some good advice from the folks on this forum (i hope):)

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I've tried them all, but keep coming back to MMM. Their online version is worth considering.

Get the online version so I can keep up when we're away - it takes me weeks otherwise!

I also get Practical Motorhome and agree it's a bit more techie. But beware their online version is only for certain systems; don't work on Windows or Android.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zigisla

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Thanks all. I have a couple I manged to Borrow:) from the latest site. I will read and then decide on which of the two you have recommended.

Still prefer the magazine as opposed to e versions. I would have to de-clutter a bit sooner than 4 years though.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I used to subscribe to MMM for many years, but the standard fell of a cliff a few years back. there is little content of any particular value and features just get recycled every few years. practical motorhome as suggested is a little better but again very little new content. the reviews in both publications just seem to suck up to certain manufacturers. in fact they dont seem interested in real motorhoming matters anyway

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Nobody has mentioned 'Which Motorhome' yet. It comes from the same publisher as MMM. For anybody thinking about changing their van I reckon it has some good info, especially on new models.

It's where I found out all about the new Dreamer PVCs from Rapido. And which we've now ordered for delivery next year. :)

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
MMM very enjoyable, as is Which Motorhome. Practical motorhome is just a quickly cobbled together comic I'm afraid (although as I'm a real saddo I subscribe to it as well as the others.....).

Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
MMM for me too as I enjoy reading about the tours people have done in their motorhomes. Great ideas with details. I've only got the last 4 or 5 editions so no repeating yet. I ignore the adverts and agree with other comments as there are too many.

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Nobody has mentioned 'Which Motorhome' yet. It comes from the same publisher as MMM. For anybody thinking about changing their van I reckon it has some good info, especially on new models.

It's where I found out all about the new Dreamer PVCs from Rapido. And which we've now ordered for delivery next year. :)

I enjoy Which Motorhome f the comparative tests, but as the two mags are from the same house I opted for the one with the most content.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back