Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I never really took a lot of notice and it seemed to boil up pretty quick, but our current kettle that has developed a leak is only 1kw. It wasn't until I almost picked up a bargain in Tesco yesterday that I thought arrrr :coffee:, any standard kettle in usually over 2kw or even 3kw for a fast boil.

That will be blowing the trip too often, especially in Spain!

We don't want one of those silly travel types...where are folk buying them from these days?

Dave:):):)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I never really took a lot of notice and it seemed to boil up pretty quick, but our current kettle that has developed a leak is only 1kw. It wasn't until I almost picked up a bargain in Tesco yesterday that I thought arrrr :coffee:, any standard kettle in usually over 2kw or even 3kw for a fast boil.

We don't want one of those silly travel types...where are folk buying them from these days?

We've been using this one from Lakeland

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/13661/Lakeland-Travel-Kettle

Appreciate its a travel one, but it's great quality, is Stainless Steel and easily stows away into a drawer.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Low height wide base means it never gets stowed away being completely stable.
Fits under filtered tap in toilet.
Boils in under 5 mins on inverter when full.
CA_06291313390267-X2.jpg

CA_06291313391669-X2.jpg

For size appreciation/scale
CA_06291313383302-X2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010

An alternative is to buy a single ring electric hob and use the same kettle whether on gas or electric. The hob will be useful for heating saucepans of food as well.

I have not trawled the internet but something like this might be suitable:

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Low height wide base means it never gets stowed away being completely stable.
Fits under filtered tap in toilet.
Boils in under 5 mins on inverter when full.
CA_06291313390267-X2.jpg

CA_06291313391669-X2.jpg

Ginny's just decided she likes this one, same place we got the Remoska from the other week so already have account. Thankyou, can't be thinking anymore about kettles...job done (y).

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Electric kettles! God, you've all gone soft. Get a proper whistling gas one. :)

Good point, we do already carry one...with a dent in it!

Reactions: DBK

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Ginny's just decided she likes this one, same place we got the Remoska from the other week so already have account. Thankyou, can't be thinking anymore about kettles...job done (y).
Cost us €44 in France and another one at £26 from Ebay Italy so the UK is a great price and for newbies theres a £5 discount if you subscribe to their news letter which offsets the postage

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Dont you just love direct translations. :D

SEVERIN WK 9730

The kettle WK 9730 SEVERIN prepare your hot drink in a few seconds. Stylish and powerful helper in the kitchen boasts a simple design in a sleek black finish with red lacquered finish. Tea is made from premium materials and it is fitted with a concealed heating element for fast boiling. It offers a volume of 1 l, and thanks to the high wattage 1350 Watts prepare boiling water for a short time.

The indicator light will always be informed about the status of the kettle (on / off). Tea is placed at the base swivel 360 ° for easy lifting and placing. It is equipped with several safety devices, including automatic power off steam pressure after reaching the boiling point thermally insulated handles that never burn you. Non-slip rubber feet ensure a safe and comfortable handling the device.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Dont you just love direct translations. :D

SEVERIN WK 9730

The kettle WK 9730 SEVERIN prepare your hot drink in a few seconds. Stylish and powerful helper in the kitchen boasts a simple design in a sleek black finish with red lacquered finish. Tea is made from premium materials and it is fitted with a concealed heating element for fast boiling. It offers a volume of 1 l, and thanks to the high wattage 1350 Watts prepare boiling water for a short time.

The indicator light will always be informed about the status of the kettle (on / off). Tea is placed at the base swivel 360 ° for easy lifting and placing. It is equipped with several safety devices, including automatic power off steam pressure after reaching the boiling point thermally insulated handles that never burn you. Non-slip rubber feet ensure a safe and comfortable handling the device.

You can't beat an 'Informed indicator light'

I saw this one at Los Pinos, Peniscola, I read it as giving me permission to gather up any towels and throw them in the pool :LOL:.

Spain and France 2015_0121.JPG

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
likewise.. have never carried an electric kettle.. like to keep it simple.. besides

Autogas is cheap ..

If you could have heard the abuse I've just had to endure by suggesting we don't replace the kettle...the air has turned blue o_O.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If you could have heard the abuse I've just had to endure by suggesting we don't replace the kettle...the air has turned blue o_O.

I like the gas kettle.. it's quick .. besides, I know I'm camping when I hear that whistle going.. :)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
I just got...

"if we're on hook up then surely it makes sense to use the free electricity?"

I can see where she's coming from but I kept my mouth shut! :whistle2:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If wifey is using the hob I can still make a cuppa without a juggling act (y)
The hob being taken up with a hot kettle is a nuisance too. The electric one as I pictured needs no consideration, it lives where it is regardless of temperature
CA_06291313390267-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We got a lovely Breville one from Amazon 1.3 kw stainless steel enough for 4 cups of tea and quick to boil. Ideal for the two of us

Deleted User
We only use electric kettle if in UK, so just take the one from home, forgot to tell the parents last time away, not too happy when they came over to check flat and couldn't make a cup of tea:(
Abroad use gas collapsible one, but it doesn't whistle, anyone ever come across a collapsible, gas whistling one?
Lin :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We used to carry both a gas kettle and an electric one for when on sites with free electric..
Then one day (after many years of doing this) I realised we have an Electric ring on the cooker !!!
So use the free / inc electric but simply put the gas kettle on the electric ring..

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Err, if finding yourself without a kettle but having a stove - boil a ruddy saucepan of water!

And another endorsement for the whistling kettle from me and 'im - if 'free' electric somewhere (or no price reduction if you don't use it!) we stick it on the elec hotplate on the hob - which both our Mohos have/had - and something I'd look for again if buying another - the same in a caravan.

Even the teeny tiny 2 cup (or 2 mug if they aren't giant ones!) kettle that just fits on a Coleman petrol stove (used when fishing or motorbike camping) is a whistler!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I got mine from Morrisons. Holds just under a litre and looks a bit like a stainless steel tea pot! Again like Andy's it is very stable and doesn't get stowed away when in transit. It didn't cost much but I have had it about 2 years as I bought it cos my old one kept blowing the electrics at Brownhills (only 6 amp) and I had to make several return trips to them When I bought my new van !!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back