GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
The CC sites we are interested in are always fully booked at weekends and as we both work full time and will for at least the next 25 years then weekends are almost all we have.

So is this what you have to do - book a free day if they have it and hope other days become available? We are quite new to all this.

We wanted a certain site for next weekend but has been fully booked since we bought the MH in May. Now the Friday is available but not the saturday. Should I book Friday and hope for a Saturday cancellation?

Jen

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We wanted a certain site
Things that will help Funsters answer your question:
Which site?
Are you booking on-line, phone to central booking, or phoning the site direct?
What is it about that particular site that you want? - someone may know of another one in the area/ or with the same facilities etc
How far in advance are you able to (try to) book?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Yeah but answer phone only.

Tried the online chat on the webiste that but that was hopeless

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Things that will help Funsters answer your question:
Which site?
Are you booking on-line, phone to central booking, or phoning the site direct?
What is it about that particular site that you want? - someone may know of another one in the area/ or with the same facilities etc
How far in advance are you able to (try to) book?
Although for next weekend it is a specific site due to an event my husband has mountain biking - it was more of general moan I suppose that it seems people booked up numerous weekends at numerous sites on the off chance that they may want to go.

I will keep trying them on the phone. Thanks

Deleted User
I usually have to book in odd days and hope to build a full week etc, esp at York. It requires a lot of checking online though, or calling the site direct.
I get in at York most of the time but last min.
At moment York has free weekends for whole of Jan which is unusual.
Because CC allow bookings which can be cancelled at last min 72 hours officially but in reality less happens with only an email reprimand I believe?
We book loads of dates when available at York, but once booked we use them, don't cancel them but a lot do maybe if the weather isn't great? So it's probably same at other sites.

Lin :)

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
The CC sites we are interested in are always fully booked at weekends and as we both work full time and will for at least the next 25 years then weekends are almost all we have.

So is this what you have to do - book a free day if they have it and hope other days become available? We are quite new to all this.

We wanted a certain site for next weekend but has been fully booked since we bought the MH in May. Now the Friday is available but not the saturday. Should I book Friday and hope for a Saturday cancellation?

Jen

When we spoke to one warden of a CC site that's always full, he said that the online booking did not include all the pitches but they had discretion to fill up the site. He told us to always ring as they will know if there are any spots left.
Keep trying is my advice, although some sites do actually stop for lunch ....
Linda

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
.... and some don't answer the phone at shower-block cleaning times (usually about 10-12)

Added to which, although the earliest arrival time is always midday, you can guarantee that people will be arriving long before that.
Of all the rules which I would like to see the wardens enforcing it's that one.
The early arrivals should be told to sod off and come back at noon.
Stef.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Join "Britstops"

colyboy

We are members and as good as they are, they are not sites for a weekend break.. apples and pears.
but to be frank, we haven't used very much and may not buy the book again.. For weekend or longer break, our preference is a CL..

Caravan Club sites are notoriously hard to book up which I'm afraid is a sign of the times.. Caravanning and motorhoming have never been so popular.. and there is a lack of good sites.. club or public... so we are seeing pitch prices rise.. year on year..

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
The CC open the booking lines in November for the following season, not much good if you want to get away on the spur of the moment but do what many of them do book a few spots for next year and cancel later if you can't make it as many of their members do, not. We plan to book York and a few others for next year as soon as.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Caravan Club booking lines for 2016 open on Wednesday 9th December 2015 at the earlier time of 8am.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
If CC charged a £5 booking fee refunded when you arrived on site it would stop the sites being booked up.

HEAR HEAR. I know that is happening. 2005, we booked at Rowntree Park for Xmas 2006. When we arrived on the 22nd the site was "Fully Booked". We where the ONLY rig in our section until the 27th!! 10 vacant hardstanding places in all.

Pete

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
It is a problem with the CC , Brighton being one site which is always showing full at weekends. But I have gone down the telephone route, mostly with success.
When you reach the magic age of being paid not to go to work, it will not bother you. They currently have mid week deals at half price on selected sites. We used the one at Malvern Hills. 4 nights £58.00 . Loads of space and beautiful views with the Autumn Colours, and lots of Pubs still in business in the area.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Stef.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, why don't they simply impose a £50.00 fine for these people that "miscalculated the journey" then give them " 3 stokes and ban them for 3 months" it does my head in, and in addition you get the "Wardens" that allow them in early to free the space at the entry point giving them the best choice of pitches before the are entitled.

PS. Three strokes!!! I do mean the whip!!!

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
It is a problem with the CC , Brighton being one site which is always showing full at weekends. But I have gone down the telephone route, mostly with success.
When you reach the magic age of being paid not to go to work, it will not bother you. They currently have mid week deals at half price on selected sites. We used the one at Malvern Hills. 4 nights £58.00 . Loads of space and beautiful views with the Autumn Colours, and lots of Pubs still in business in the area.
youare just rubbing it in - at 40 this option is still way off and will probably get further away!

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Stef.

I couldn't agree more, why don't they simply impose a £50.00 fine for these people that "miscalculated the journey" then give them " 3 stokes and ban them for 3 months" it does my head in, and in addition you get the "Wardens" that allow them in early to free the space at the entry point giving them the best choice of pitches before the are entitled.

PS. Three strokes!!! I do mean the whip!!![/QUOTE]
Oh oh I'm in trouble then:oops:.Turned up at Chatsworth cc site 4 minutes to 1pm.was told to sit in van until they called me at 1,.Next time I'll put newspapers down my trousers :LOL:and risk it.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
If CC charged a £5 booking fee refunded when you arrived on site it would stop the sites being booked up.
I reckon 30% deposit and that would free up nearly all the sites at weekends for the genuine campers..c&cc take a deposit and no one complains, only had the odd problem trying for a weekend and that was at Oxford ..

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
I reckon 30% deposit and that would free up nearly all the sites at weekends for the genuine campers..c&cc take a deposit and no one complains, only had the odd problem trying for a weekend and that was at Oxford ..
I agree - that was the original point I tried to make with them. No joy from the CC though. Will probably not bother renewing.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
We were told when complaint ! If you ring site about 10.30 Thursday morning you might be lucky as that is when the NO shows ring to cancel.

I agree that a deposit should be paid , that way you wouldn't get these people just booking weekends they aren't even sure they can go but know 'if they Can't they can ring anyway and cancel' I think £20 we wouldn't have a problem with that! As long as it is deducted from The bill.

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Stef.
We arrived early at Bristol a couple of weeks ago, 11:45 and told to come back at noon. :imoutahere:
Totally agree with a deposit when booking a CC site.

Deleted User
I don't mind the 72 hour cancellation. Either way the popular site are always fully booked, but with the no deposit system allowing cancellations closer to the time spots free free up. The popular sites will fill up regardless, if deposits are taken just means there is no chance of later last min spots.
It clearly works for the Cc accounts so they won't be changing it anytime soon :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back