Fiat Panda Key Blank (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Any suggestions on where i can purchase or get a new blank key cut for my Fiat Panda (57 reg) only it appears i can only get them from Fiat direct, but they will only supply ones with the immobiliser fitted which I don't want.

I just want the blank key to unlock my steering lock for towing

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Braunston, what part of the country are you in, my brother does keys. We are in Suffolk on the border with Norfolk. :Smile:

But I would have thought any locksmith that cuts car keys could have supplied one for you.

If you have a problem give him a call, and tell him I put you on to him and ask for a discount. ::bigsmile::winky: Bob. :thumb:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Bob

I have visited 4 different key cutters and 3 of them put the key in an electronic box type arrangement and told me that they couldn't cut me a new one as they don't have the blanks and that the electronic machine shows that its Main Agents only.

I have contacted my local Fiat dealers and they can supply a key as long as I take all of the ownership paperwork and it will cost £50+ and that's for the standard key not the remote opener one.

I asked them if they could just cut a blank without programming it and I wasn't getting very far as the chap didn't understand why I would want a key that wouldn't work properly :Doh:. I will visit them next week just to check it out, but f I don't have any success I will give your Brother a ring, thanks for the information

Braunston

Hi Braunston, what part of the country are you in, my brother does keys. We are in Suffolk on the border with Norfolk. :Smile:

But I would have thought any locksmith that cuts car keys could have supplied one for you.

If you have a problem give him a call, and tell him I put you on to him and ask for a discount. ::bigsmile::winky: Bob. :thumb:

Link Removed

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
key for panda

hi braunston.we have a fiat panda on a 57 plate as a toad and when we bought it we said we must have spare key for towing and after a bit of pressure they gave us one :winky: our dealer was t.j.vickers from shrewsbury regards brian & jo:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, he does the Keys for the main dealers in this area, so I would say he can sort you out if need be. :Smile: Bob.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Braunston,

another option, if its for security while towing, is to use one key in the ignition and a spare key to lock the doors, if you have two keys of course

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I asked them if they could just cut a blank without programming it and I wasn't getting very far as the chap didn't understand why I would want a key that wouldn't work properly :Doh:.Braunston

Quite right - there is a chip inside the plastic, without this you could open the door but it would not start, instead you get the key symbol on the dash.

Very similar chip to those inserted in cats and dogs. If you want to be posh it's a transponder. Fiat TRANSmits to it and it resPONDS with its chip number.

Oh dear - I now notice that you do not want it to start - dohhhhhh. Though I did have one car that if locked remotely said it would trigger the alarm if the door was unlocked with the key and opened. Reasonable for best security.

Last edited:

hawkeye6007

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Fareham Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
14 years
Panda Key

Hi,

Any suggestions on where i can purchase or get a new blank key cut for my Fiat Panda (57 reg) only it appears i can only get them from Fiat direct, but they will only supply ones with the immobiliser fitted which I don't want.

I just want the blank key to unlock my steering lock for towing

I had the same problem I told locksmiths that the key was to used by grandson to get into the car so that he could not start the engine. Locksmiths understood this!

Anyway, assuming that you have key card with your key codes contact North West Key Services: Suppliers of Key Blanks a They provided me with perfect key by return. If you do not have the key card insist on one - your handbook says that you should have it although UK dealers seem reluctant to order them.
With this key it eliminates another 'get out' by your insurance company. They cannot claim that you are failing to take due care of your vehicle.

Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back