Insurance/breakdown cover mh+trailer+car (1 Viewer)

D

dougwatts

Deleted User
Hi All

I'm having my first mh delivered in July when I will be changing my car for a mini and buying a trailer to tow it on as I am spending the winter in Spain.

I've not investigated insurance/breakdown assist at all, so can any of you experts guide me please?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
good breakdown cover for europe and UK << HERE >>

German version of AA or RAC....cant remember which one:Doh:

UK breakdown cover ......... RAC Arrival scheme. << HERE >>

only available through the camping and caravaning club. any size, weight, length of motorhome and you are covered...not the vehicle, so you only need one policy to cover all the vehicles you are driving/passenger in....yours or not.

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi i am with Caravan Guard they will include uk &urope breakdown in your van cover and also mirror your no claims on your car, subject to claims etc give them a try. Peter:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
We are just about to renew our insurance and had a few quotes and so far safegaurd have come up with the best quote of £280 including breakdown cover so maybe worth a try.

Gerry

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi,im with caravan guard and have had to use them twice.
Four years ago in spain when someone drove down the side of our van and in march this year when our clutch failed.Both times,very good service.
Dave

Wall-E

Free Member
Jan 21, 2009
Funster No
Breakdown insurance ?.

Hi Doug,
If it is a new Swift/Fiat motor home, it will come with Fiat camper assist breakdown cover (2/3 years??), you should only need to sort out M/H insurance, so it may be cheaper if you go for an insurance company that does not automatically include breakdown cover in it's policies !!. This will exclude Caravan Guard for instance. Do not forget to ask for any discounts going, EG, Alarm, immobiliser, Club membership, secure storage, etc. Be aware that Swifts seem to be afflicted with the base vehicle starter battery going flat very quickly if left standing, due to ???. Mention it to the dealer.
W-E

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Be aware that Swifts seem to be afflicted with the base vehicle starter battery going flat very quickly if left standing, due to ???. Mention it to the dealer.
W-E

that could be caused by this........post number 7 on <<Link Removed.>>

common practice on motorhomes.:Doh:

OP
OP
D

dougwatts

Deleted User
Thanks to all for these leads; isn't it funny how each of these threads opens many more discussable points? I suppose all good conversations go that way :Smile:

With regard to my initial query (insurance and breakdown cover) the Fiat ducato DOES come with 3 years european breakdown cover, as our good friend mentioned earlier in the thread, but, evenso, my cheapest (quality) quote was from Caravan Guard, which has UK breakdown cover included, at £236.

This was with the maximum discounts (MCC membership, Fiat immobiliser, Trackstar and Van Bitz Alarm system).

Thanks once again to one and all :thumb:

Doug Watts

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Be aware that Swifts seem to be afflicted with the base vehicle starter battery going flat very quickly if left standing, due to ???. Mention it to the dealer.
W-E

This was caused by the infared light around the reversing camera, Swift supplied a fix and it is easy to do. Pm if you need how to.

By the way Doug you will the the Bolero 680fb

Safe travels

Steve and Jan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back