Getting a blood test in Spain (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
We've just found out today that Ginny is being tried on some new medication for her neurological condition that will require her to have a blood test whilst we're in Benidorm this Winter, the results needing to be sent back to her consultant. I'm assuming it could be quite straightforward at a local medical centre but thought I'd ask.

Has anyone any experience of having something like this done in Spain or even Benidorm?

Thanks Dave :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As seen on TV..
DR Torres. :) in Benidorm down by the beach, used to be next to Uncle Ped's bar but moved.

There are a few private medical places in Beni, pop in and ask.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
As seen on TV..
DR Torres. :) in Benidorm down by the beach, used to be next to Uncle Ped's bar but moved.

There are a few private medical places in Beni, pop in and ask.
Always been a bit worried about Uncle Ped.

Uncle and Ped do not go well together.

Had a beer in there yesterday though and all was well.

Mind you had I been a 5 year old I might have been worried!

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Dave, the lady on the pitch next to us has her blood tested here and sends the result back to her GP in the Uk, she uses a private clinic which is just down the road from the Tropical, near the campsites.
Pm me if you need some sort of special test and I'll call in and ask them if they can do it. Test cost between 10 and 20_euro.
You can go to the public hospital and get tested free apparently, but that is a good distance away from our area.
Cheers

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
When I worked in Marbella (2009) monthly blood tests were provided by Andalucia Health Care: I got the receptionist (who spoke little english) to arrange an interview with the doctor (who spoke even less english). She provided a form for the nurse (which meant arranging a different appointment via the receptionist) so that blood could be given, along with a new form. The receptionist then made an appointment with the doctor who took the form, fed the reference number into the computer and handed over a print-out of the test. Typically it was 2 days from receptionist to professional and 1 week from test to result. Fortunately they all came through clear!

When I considered holidaying in Spain I was given to understand by both CC & CCC that arranging private testing would be "straightforward" and would cost in the region of €100.

HTH - Gordon

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Dave, the lady on the pitch next to us has her blood tested here and sends the result back to her GP in the Uk, she uses a private clinic which is just down the road from the Tropical, near the campsites.
Pm me if you need some sort of special test and I'll call in and ask them if they can do it. Test cost between 10 and 20_euro.
You can go to the public hospital and get tested free apparently, but that is a good distance away from our area.
Cheers

Hi Ed, that sounds very good thanks. We only got the news about this med this morning, Ginny has been waiting months for the go ahead to use it. We will know more in a day or so, but we believe the blood test is primarily to keep an eye on her liver, monitoring sodium channels. She starts the drug any day and she will be having a blood test before we leave. When we know more I'll PM you. Thanks again, see you in a few weeks, say hi to Shirley. Cheers Dave,

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Having a inr blood test tomorrow 17th.
in a chemist pharmacy as I am taking warfarin 12 euros any problems I will let u know torre del mar weather good

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Had blood test done in Spain, but Benicassim, not Benidorm, went to tourist information, lady there wrote out in spanish what i needed doing, and gave me directions. Went to clinic, EHIC had all the info they needed, bloods taken at 4pm result ready at 10 am next day. Admittedly for a fairly straightforward test, i suffer from occasional low Potassium, gave me and GP peace of mind. Saw a gp in Benidorm this year quite seamless.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Thanks for all the replies and help, all looks pretty straightforward (y).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back