overnight stop near zaragosa (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Hi all I am looking for a overnight stop probably around Zaragoza have looked at camping Zaragoza but the reports don't sound to clever & quite expensive so any ideas funsters cheers Rod

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Depends what you want from a campsite. If only overnight then no problem at all with the Zaragoza Municipal site: it's easy to find, does not involve tangling with town traffic, a very big site, hard standings, clean, heated sanitary block, easy access pitches, 16 amp EHU, free, good wifi on most pitches, a big Mercadona within an easy walk, as is the bus stop to town. Very many people do use it, as we do, time and again on the way north or south. As to cost; we always offer our ACSI low season discount card and, though not officially ACSI, it is accepted.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
The Caravan Club is quite sniffy about it as there are often- in winter anyway- travellers or long termers there and they are not the ones with big, swanky outfits as you often find in France. In practice we have always found them perfectly pleasant and have had oranges, grapefruit etc left, anonymously on our step, as some of them are on their way north to sell them.

It's not the prettiest site but Zaragoza gets little rain and has strong winds and sun so growing things is not easy. We've watched it from new and the vegetation has not grown much despite being watered. The city itself is very well worth a visit and there is a good walk, round the site, to the Royal Canal of Aragon which forms one border of the site. There is a -supposedly- very good on site restaurant/ bar but we never seem to coincide with it being open. I think it might be only weekends in winter.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I understand that there are also some half decent restaurants across the road as the site one is not open except weekends in winter, does that sound correct?

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We overnighted at Zaragoza in January a couple of years ago. We found it fine, not crowded, not all open but there was easy access and problem free. I seem to recollect something odd about the showers but can't remember what!!
We'd be quite happy to stay there again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
We have stayed here four times. This site, although not the best looking, is perfect for an overnight stay. The showers are heated but don't have an area inside the cubicle to hang your clothes while showering but there are hanging rails in the middle of the block, which I find very strange, I take a hanger with a swivle hook in with me, we have had a meal in the restaurant but we weren't impressed other than that we will always use this site on the way down to Spain as it is open all year round. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
If you want a free place we stayed in a carpark next to an amusement centre. To get the details click on the link and find Zaragoza. Click on the icon and there will be the GPS and a link to the blog regarding the place. When we were there 2 other motorhomes joined us for the night. Very quiet as the amusement park was closed.
http://www.travelbunyip.com/homepage/follow-our-2015-trip-map/

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
I understand that there are also some half decent restaurants across the road as the site one is not open except weekends in winter, does that sound correct?

We've not used any of them but you are right,there are several restaurants nearby. To get to them you have ( short route) to walk over the road and then uphill across an area of scrubby, dog-dirty, grass with paths through it to get the area with Mercadona and restaurants. The alternative route is to walk up to the roundabout, cross there, and walk up the road from the roundabout.

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Its only for an overnight stop but once again funsters have come up trumps thank you one & all happy travels Rod

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Plenty of 24 hr truck stops south of Zaragoza,,,usually excellent food. BUSBY.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We've stopped a couple of times at Marlofa...wouldn't do it again, it used to be free ehu, but then got over-run by travellers, and the ehu's all got removed.
Last stop there was April 2014, only us amongst hundreds of lorries.
This year, April 2015, we overnighted at Cascante aire (just north west of Zaragoza), very quiet even though adjacent to a leisure centre. Lots of other motorhomes there.
Would certainly use this one again.

Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back