New motorhome parking area in Blackpool (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Was talking to the lady in Blackpools RNLI shop yesterday and got talking about where we was staying. After telling her we was in a motorhome, she told us that there's a new motorhome parking site due to be opened near where she lived.
It's going to be on the sea front (Queens Promenade) at Little Bispham near Norbreck Castle Hotel, which is North shore of Blackpool.
Apparently, they're on with refurbing that stretch of promenade and this, along with a new motorhome parking area will be ready/open next year.

Not sure whether it's daytime only or if overnighting will be permitted.
Watch this space.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
This used to be a popular free overnighting spot but was marred by some who stayed for weeks. The local council are refurbishing the sea wall defences in this area just south of Clevelleys at Little Bispam so the whole of Queens promenade is currently out of action due to the work being underway. It was rumoured that they may allow motorhome overnight parking once the work is completed but for a fee-similar to the little aire at St annes.
On one visit 18 months ago we had been advised of a couple of delapidated caravans that had been parked up for several weeks that had been left by the owners, with clamps on the wheels etc. and used them at weekends but securing a parking spot for the season.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After our last visit to the general area we really want to go back again.. Blackpool and Liverpool are very high on our 'must go again' list

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! Liverpool surprised the hell out of us !
Our previous visit left us feeling as if we had been in Lebanon or somewhere.. This time.. wow !
We ran out of time before we had done half what we wanted to do.

In fact gonna have to do some research to find a good place to plot up for a few days

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Charlie
I quite agree Blackpool is a dive and going down hill. I to am only having a bit of a laugh. Pete (y)(y)(y)

Peter I take being called riff raff a bit of a compliment.. Where I come from anyone who has two ears is a cissy. Anyone with the arse in their trousers is a Toff.. Mind we play shove halfpenny with manhole covers though !(y)

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Peter I take being called riff raff a bit of a compliment.. Where I come from anyone who has two ears is a cissy. Anyone with the arse in their trousers is a Toff.. Mind we play shove halfpenny with manhole covers though !(y)

Ho so you was brought up near me then. ;););)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Ho so you was brought up near me then. ;););)

Peter trust me where I grew up was about as rough as it gets... Honestly it was a tough area but at least when we left school there were jobs. From my background we either got stuck in and grafted and never looked back or sunk .. I was one of the fortunate ones but had to work hard to get out and up. I feel truly privileged to like in a nice house in a nice village and owe no bugger nowt. How it could have been different. Hell I'm a lucky bugger (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've enjoyed this weekend in Blackpool. Sorry @peter marshall we didn't stop in Cleveleys this time :) It was wet yesterday when we went through on the bus :)

I'm not surprised that Blackpool may be making more provision for motorhomes. The parking manager has been keen on doing so for several years but it sometimes means taking a softly softly approach to convince others.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
LOL !! Liverpool surprised the hell out of us !
In fact gonna have to do some research to find a good place to plot up for a few days
There's a good wilding place on the Wirral, 10 min bus service 30 min journey into l/pool centre, even a morrisons and whetherspoons just up the road,

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
There's a good wilding place on the Wirral, 10 min bus service 30 min journey into l/pool centre, even a morrisons and whetherspoons just up the road,
Got to get back to mum now Dave, but can you pm me where that is please tomorrow. Many thanks. x

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Peter trust me where I grew up was about as rough as it gets... Honestly it was a tough area but at least when we left school there were jobs. From my background we either got stuck in and grafted and never looked back or sunk .. I was one of the fortunate ones but had to work hard to get out and up. I feel truly privileged to like in a nice house in a nice village and owe no bugger nowt. How it could have been different. Hell I'm a lucky bugger (y)

Not lucky Charlie you are like me and many others only got what we worked for, I left school at 15 in Manchester at Christmas and started work the first week in Jan never and stopped plenty of different jobs later like you said when we left school there were jobs to walk into a bit more difficult to day. Pete

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That is good news Busman..
Before we go again ( hopefully next year ) I shall post a thread asking for all the details :)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I like St Annes. Is there anywhere there to park please?
Anywhere to park in Anne's ? "...................................... Im far to much of a gentleman to answer that one :D:D:D

I'm gonna get a slap aren't I :LOL:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I like St Annes. Is there anywhere there to park please?

it has been posted on another site that you can now park at Lytham st annes ,
Behind the cinema on the sea front post code FY 8 1 LS it is £5 a night

We parked on the sea front looking over the boating lake 6pm to 9am free , no one bothered us . ( Last Monday )

BLACKPOOL ( last Tuesday )

We went to Blackpool and parked in the Fox Hall Car and Coach park just off Seaside way just past the football stadium ,
N 58' 48 . 631 W 03' 03. 080 . about 10 mins walk to the sea front and the Tower .

We were asked by the coach drivers to park further down the car park , not in the coach bays as there are only a few and they get ticketed if they are not in the coach bays so we did .

i phoned the council number shown on the ticket machine and asked about parking a motorhome there and staying over night in it,
( as it says no overnight sleeping in motorhomes on the tariff board )

The lady said it was ok no problem , so we paid £10 for 24 hours ( this was 11 am ) it was £7.50 for 18 hours ,

We parked next to the ticket machine , just after the Disabled bays , backing onto the new houses being built and away from the advertising boards .

This machine accepts credit cards the other one near the coaches only takes cash .

The lighting in the area is great , very bright and there are CCTV cameras overlooking the area .

I spoke with the parking warden who was quite happy with us being there .

There were 3 MH parked there over the 24 Hour period no problems .

Out of interest you can buy a all day rover ticket on the tram for £5 , we did not know that and only bought on at 7pm to go look at the lights .
when you are on the tram you can hardly see the lights through the windows because the internal lights of the tram are so bright and you get back glare off the glass .
Also there are now booths set up along the Golden mile charging £5 per vehicle to drive along it to look at the lights ,

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Was talking to the lady in Blackpools RNLI shop yesterday and got talking about where we was staying. After telling her we was in a motorhome, she told us that there's a new motorhome parking site due to be opened near where she lived.
It's going to be on the sea front (Queens Promenade) at Little Bispham near Norbreck Castle Hotel, which is North shore of Blackpool.
Apparently, they're on with refurbing that stretch of promenade and this, along with a new motorhome parking area will be ready/open next year.

Not sure whether it's daytime only or if overnighting will be permitted.
Watch this space.

Will It have a good view of the Annual Air Show?.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back