Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi all,

Well disaster happened yesterday. Driving merrily along on our way to La manga and -bang-. Loads of oil smoke from exhaust, loss of power. Pull over on the AP-7 and oil all over engine. Start it again and it is running all lumpy with no revs. Luckily we are with Comfort insurance, so ring up and within an hour along comes the Spanish RAC, load all 6 tonnes of motorhome onto his flatbed and drives us off to the Merc garage in Cartagena. By this time it is past 7 p.m and the garage shuts at 8 p.m but they had a quick look at it and said that somehow, all the oil is being pushed out of the crankcase, suspect blown piston.

Our insurance sent a taxi and put us up in this nice hotel. Today out here, is a bank holiday so no work done on the motorhome until tomorrow when they hope to find excact cause. So fingers crossed although it does sound terminal.

ken

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a bummer Ken, nice to see insurance working as it should. Try not to worry, all mechanics make that sucking air through teeth noise when they first see a job. Lets hope its not too major and they can fix you quickly:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jacken

Sorry to hear of your problems.:cry:Hope it gets sorted out real soon.:Smile:
We are insured with Comfort ourselves, so it is good to hear of their quick response.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Fingers crossed for you Ken lets hope it's not too bad and you get mobile again soonest!!:thumb:
Happy Trails anyway mate!!:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sucking teeth with my Spanish counterparts:Eeek::cry::cry::cry:
Geo

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I am sorry to read about your troubles Ken and I do hope the garage can get it fixed (They tend tohave a lot of public holidays in Spain don't they :Smile:)

Could I ask how old the engine is or how many miles it has done ??

Mercedes was one the 'base vehicles' I was considering for my 'van

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Sorry to hear about your problem. It happened to us last year in the Pyrenees when the clutch went. Hope it gets fixed quickly and then you will be on your way soonest.
Lucille

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Sorry to hear of about your motor.Ours broke down in march on the way back from spain.
Insurance put us up in hotel,wife and daughter where happy to see a bath whereas all i did was moan about the fact that i would rather be in the motorhome:Smile::Smile:
dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back