LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have a Hymer with Truma wam air heating.

How powerful is the fan supposed to be? Ours is pretty pathetic.

Thanks,
Lloyd

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Should have a good blow. Check the air input isn't clogged with fluff and lint :)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Very! Ours has us sweating in 5 minutes!
Starts slow then winds up like a jet taking off!
7 metre van red hot in 5 mins.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
Have a Truma 6E that I run on 240v most of the time. On my system the fan speed is regulated by two things (and in this order).
Firstly the temperature of the hot water and the heat exchanger.
Secondly the difference in temperature inside the van and the temperature setting the unit is set to.

If you are heating your van from cold and your boiler water is cold try heating the water only ( on gas, electric or gas+electric) for five mins.

Then switch over to hot water + heating and turn the thermostat up to full. You should then hear the fan start to gain speed for a while then die down to a background speed.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Ours has a gate value on all outputs. With all open you should feel a flow of hot air with your figures if you hold them across any outlet.

Dick

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......

Ours is the same.
Have any of flexi pipes come away from outlet ports. One of ours had came off, so the draw above it got red hot... Soon rectified though.
Burns your foot now when your near the kitchen area :)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
The Truma heaters have a butterfly valve which is adjustable at the rear of the heater unit, there is a small lever which operates the butterfly valve, this adjusts the priority of % airflow to the front or rear of the habitation area. If the butterfly valve is set prodominently to the front, you would get stronger airflow to the front and very little to the rear and vide versa. Check the heater outlet vents front and rear when fan turned on full see which has highest airflow, then adjust the butterfly flap valve at the rear of the fire to suit your needs.
As previously mentioned, check that the flu pipes are all connected and that one has not become disconnected which would interrupt airflow. This should solve the problem.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I too would suspect that the ducting pipes have come adrift from the outlet nozzles on the Truma. It's not uncommon and it is good practice to check them at least once a year. They are a push fit that clicks into place. Make sure you do it when the Truma is cold as it's easy to burn yourself on the nozzles.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Ours is the same on a Truma 4e. You can't put your hands in front of the outlets for more than a second without them glowing red!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Are you using it only on 240V? In that case it will not have much power, because the heating element is only 1800W. Put it onto gas, which has about 3 times the power, or gas and electric, turn the thermostat right up and it should start blowing very well. But it will take a couple of minutes to fire up and bring the fan up to full speed. Once it has reached its temperature the electric setting can then keep it at the right temperature except in really cold weather.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I too would suspect that the ducting pipes have come adrift from the outlet nozzles on the Truma. It's not uncommon and it is good practice to check them at least once a year. They are a push fit that clicks into place. Make sure you do it when the Truma is cold as it's easy to burn yourself on the nozzles.
Crumbs, something else for me to learn how to do.. My brain is becoming addled this year with maintenance issues. :)

OP
OP
LPB

LPB

Aug 19, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks everyone, I cranked up the thermostat and it was much better.

I have a separate switch for 240 water. Its a Trumatic C so gas only,

Thanks,
Lloyd

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Last time Truma saw our boiler they secured each of those outlet pipes using that silver tape stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back