What TV have you got and do you rate it? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We've got two TV's in our MH - both cheap makes and both came with the MH.
The rear is a Meos and the one in the front is an Akura.
Both include a DVD player and both are connected to an Oyster Caro sat dish.
The Meos has been pretty good to be fair but the Akura is ready to be dropped out of the window. Picture quality is just OK, you need a degree to understand the remote and the DVD has stopped working and seems to shake, even when the MH is stationary.
So, I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Got to be 12v/230v.
Got to be able to play a DVD in 12v mode whilst on the move.

I'm looking for a TV/DVD package.
I contacted Finlux and they've currently stopped selling 12v/230v TV's but are due to launch a new model next year.
So do I wait or do I go for an Avtex?
The Avtex I've seen is the 247DRS model.

Any advice?
What have you got?
Is it any good? Picture quality/sound/reception/easy tune/easy operate?

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Alphatronics R line here. Well pleased with it. Built in DVD, satellite,terrestrial tuners, HDMI and USB. Keeps space to a minimum and I plug in a Chomecast to the HDMI.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We have got two Avtex, one of which has broken down twice.

I am going cheaper next time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I agree with Chris I also have two avtex TVs one has been in for repair under warrenty 3 times with lines down the screen

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Got the 247 Avtex, lots of good features but a bit expensive for MH use I suppose

I've got an Avtex 3000 aerial that I stick on the roof which works really well with it, very clear picture and crystal clear on the HD channels as well when we've used it (in most places)

Great tv but only had it 6 weeks so too early to tell its reliability

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use a polaroid bought from asda a few years ago for 49 quid . mind it is bright pink.
it works on mains or i made a lead to use it on 12v . its great works in uk and abroad . abroad play with languages and can getr alot of english spoken programs . or films . doesnt have cd or video . but for 49 quid great value .

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We had a Avtex supplied with our PVC from new just over 18 months ago, and the dvd has stopped working already, looked into buying another but nearly £400 for another = don't think so !
So we have just purchased a Cello 24" TV/DVD Combo off eBay,arrived the next day £169 + free delivery, picture quality is not as good as the Avtex but then again it didn't cost £400... Before i purchased this i did lots of reading of reviews and found that most people were happy with the picture quality but some complained about the sound being very tinny - even this didn't deter me, and i couldn't wait to hear this tinny sounding TV when it arrived - you can change the TV picture quality along with the sound quality too, in fact there are about 5 settings for the sound - Standard/Music/clear voice/Movie & custom settings, do people not read or go into the settings of the TV to find out if things can be changed ?
I also looked at the finlux site and found the same info out at the OP
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cello-24-...53c769&pid=100204&rk=1&rkt=14&sd=111799066700

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Well we have a couple of Avtex - both are good had power supply issues on one contacted Avtex and a new unit arrived next day. Any problems they seem to sort very quickly. Tried all sorts of cheap ones and they have all ended up as scrap. Oldest Avtex is 6 year the other is 4 year now they are in constant use as we FT. We also have another cheapy about but the quality is rubbish compared to the Avtex

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have an Avtex. Cant fault it and their after service is great.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Both of mine are Vision Plus - 1 is the 15" the other 19". I like them, they are integral DVD models and are easy to set up.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We have an Avtex. Cant fault it and their after service is great.
Be wary of how you wire the aerial in though!:crying::whistle2::imoutahere:

Medion TV \ DVD \ media player from Aldi with additional 12v lead from, eh, can't remember. Picture very good but sound so so. Has a dinky set of Logitech speakers to compensate though.

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Have had several cheap TVs over the years but am always disappointed with the sound quality. Now have a Finlux and am very happy with it.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We have an Avtex which we picked up in sale a few years ago which made the price more palatable. Apparently they had changed the chassis under a new model but the electronic guts back then largely remained the same as the then previous version. The attraction was integral DVD and Free to Air satellite tuner (no need to carry external sat receiver box) in comparison with an older tv we had and our discarding Murdoch's Sky (via Pace Javelin box). Picture quality is very good, as is the option of playing audio through van stereo system via FM transmitter. After sales service from Avtex was excellent for the issue we had with the tuner too.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Our Meos TV/DVD was the biggest pile of worthless electronic cack we ever bought. Everything failed on it at some point.

We now have a 12v Foehn & Hirsch which does a fine job. Only slight quirk is you have to plug the power pack in first and let it 'warm up' before connecting it to the telly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a Cello 19" Traveller, has both Freeview & Sat tuners. Picture quality good, always run the sound via vans stereo, only critisism is the remote needs to be pointed fairly directly at the receiver & a bit slow to respond to the remote.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
we have two, a 18" and a 21 " Avtex, both have worked surperbly these last 3 years, both have inbuilt DVD and satellite tuners and can record to a USB,
I also use a Western digital hard drive plugged into the HDMI port to watch 2 TB of programs I recorded at home,
the only criticism I have is the poor sound quality with the small speakers at the rear, but easily overcome using the AUX in on the van stereo,
expensive but I beleave you get what you pay for!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Finlux 22" 12v Travel TV it was about £120 .. good picture, easy to use.. no complaints.. don't use the inbuilt tuner .. we have an HD Maxview satellite decoder..

had a look on Finlux site, but don't see it now.. not available oneither .. another thread said no stock until 2016
Amazon product ASIN B00NAXRJYO
dscf1288-jpg.69251

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
so it's played through a bose sound bar.
Ditto,
One of the best bit of electrical equipment I have.
Bose products are superb.... Have the Bose A20 Bluetooth headset for flying too......... Nothing else even begins to come close.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bought the latest model Avtex but dvd playback quality so bad that we returned it then got a 12v Finlux & all good (y) Lots of info. on the forum about Finlux if you do a search. Avtex are good for their hard travel tv case Broken Link Removed & their aerial Broken Link Removed .

Last edited:

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Avtex good features but remote very slow to react If if buy again would buy cheap model.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back