Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I read somewhere there is a pressure difference when fitting an Oven built for UK LPG into an RV.

Can I find it?:Doh:

Does anyone know what needs to be done please as I am in the process of looking to buy one?Is it the case of a separate pressure regulator in the feed to it?

Many Thanks.
Steve.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Steve

RV pressure is 27.5mb , new ovens are now 30mb .. the difference is so little it won't be a problem.

Jim

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its like jim says, i use a house type cooker on 28mbrbutane. in maroc they sometimes put propane in our butane bottles at first i was worried it wouldnt work but after wards i came to the concluion it dont matter . we seem to be the only ones who worry .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
its like jim says, i use a house type cooker on 28mbrbutane. in maroc they sometimes put propane in our butane bottles at first i was worried it wouldnt work but after wards i came to the concluion it dont matter . we seem to be the only ones who worry .

Bit of a national hobby worrying isn't it.
I'm getting a bit worried about us.
:RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hmm I was pondering an oven change.. my RV oven is useless.. it cooks really badly and the three rings are uncontrollable... of course there may be other reasons for this.. as far as I know my gas is regulated coming into the van from the bottle...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
hmm I was pondering an oven change.. my RV oven is useless.. it cooks really badly and the three rings are uncontrollable... of course there may be other reasons for this.. as far as I know my gas is regulated coming into the van from the bottle...[/QUOTE]
If youv'e no burn marks on the ceiling its fair to asume it is:ROFLMAO:
I dont think rings are a problem in the RVs, its an Oven thing there faster than a microwave so every thing comes out black on the top and raw on the bottom, maybe if you have trouble with the top rings you should get pressure tested:thumb:
Geo

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
thanks Geo

the oven doesn't seem to know what medium heat is.. only way I can get anything to cook is on full power.. sounds like an airballoon! sometimes it works, sometimes dissapointing.. any less settings result in frozen food...

the rings, there is 1° of control between off (relight ,again, with refillable torch that I put back in drawer), or full heat
:ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

the rings, there is 1° of control between off (relight ,again, with refillable torch that I put back in drawer), or full heat
:ROFLMAO:

Hi

might be worth while giving the rings a service.. remove the tops off the burners and clean out .. spillages and soot inside are often the culprits .. oven cleaner is good for removing burnt on fat etc

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
we've replaced the standard RV oven (c...) with a Euro SMEV oven. Works a treat. To compensate for the pressure difference we use a oven themometer to check oven temp so that the food is neither black or still red ::bigsmile:

Mick

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i assume by pressure difference you mean because of the distance from the bottle. if thats the case on the big tank in my garden is the regulator on the tank. it must run 100 ft before it gets to my cooker in the house, seems to work ok. you could adapt the piping so unpressured gas gets closer to the onen and then reg it. but not keen on that one.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
could be a pressure issue,

i have a fixed lpg takn on my motorhome, with an adjustable regulator on it (the only type the tank suppliers stocked)

it was origionaly set for 37 millibars, as back when i got it propane was regulated to 37, butane to 28, this allowed one jet in appliances to be used on both pressures as one gas has more heat output than the other or something like that.

then they went to 30 millibars for both gasses, and all new appliances were jetted to suit, so when i got a new fridge that ran on 30, i adjusted the regulator down to 30 millibars (i have a lpg manomiter and know how to leak test, drop test and so on)

the cooker became a pain to operate on 30 millibars, had the millimeter between full on and simmer thing, where before i had the full knob rotation to go between full and simmer,

i got some 30 millibar jets for the cooker, and have maybe 3mm of rotation between extreems now,

unfortunately i lost the old 37 jets, or i'd have put them back in and turned the regulator back up, as the only things that run on lpg in my van are the cooker and oven, fridge is now electric, and heating is diesel.

the oven is fine on 37 or 30 without any jet changes, it's a thermostaticaly controlled one with the proper gas marks from 1 to 9, so that may have something to do with it.... havent measured the temps, but cooking pizzas, we just put em in for the time stated for a gas oven at the gas mark stated, and they come out perfect every time.... only problem is i broke the grill door, and cant get a replacement, so will be replacing the oven and hob for an all in one unit one day.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i assume by pressure difference you mean because of the distance from the bottle. if thats the case on the big tank in my garden is the regulator on the tank. it must run 100 ft before it gets to my cooker in the house, seems to work ok. you could adapt the piping so unpressured gas gets closer to the onen and then reg it. but not keen on that one.

cant see the point alan.....

the pressure at the reg outlet is the same at the appliance unless you have a leak somewhere.

home gas tank....
the reg's on the tank for a reason as well.....no exposed or buried pipework at tank pressure to get damaged.

i dont think Calor would thank you for changing THEIR equipment:Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i am of the belief that the length of tube etc on an airline can give pressure drop .thats why some sprayers have a reg on their belt. i imagine gas could pressure drop as well. as i said it doesnt cause enough problems to effect my house cooker. if you use appliances set for a pressure then you should change the jets, or change the reg. although the ones on the tank seems to be adjustable.

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Steve

RV pressure is 27.5mb , new ovens are now 30mb .. the difference is so little it won't be a problem.

Jim

Cheers Jim.

So glad you said that....'cause I am committed....Or should be...:ROFLMAO:

Well it's coming on Sunday and gonna give us so much more flexibility....

That and the 2 x 100 litre lpg tanks..:RollEyes:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back