Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
Can I charge it up from my external mains socket ? Cheers!

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes if you are on hookup or using a genny, otherwise your leisure battery bank is very likely to be of significantly lower capacity than that of the Leaf. Can you recharge a AA battery from a AAA battery?

D.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Can I charge it up from my external mains socket ? Cheers!
I've not got a Nissan Leaf, but do have a BMW3i (electric) which does charge from s standard 13A socket

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
I've not got a Nissan Leaf, but do have a BMW3i (electric) which does charge from s standard 13A socket

Robert can you please tell me what you paid / what deal did you go for for your BMW ? Am drawn to it but ideally I want 4 doors , cheers !

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert can you please tell me what you paid / what deal did you go for for your BMW ? Am drawn to it but ideally I want 4 doors , cheers !
There are no deals in the BMW, but it does have 4 doors, the two rear doors open after the front door shave been opened
It's 300kg lighter than the Nissan and goes like a rocket !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
When I stop at Rownhams on my way home, there is usually a Nissan Leaf plugged in charging. I must say, I always have a childish urge to unplug it!
Anyway, to answer the question, yes, they come with an adaptor to plug into a standard 13A socket. It takes much longer to charge than the fast charge points, but the fast charge points kill the batteries very quickly. It is worth noting that you can still get dual rate electricity deals from all the suppliers (used to be used for Economy 7) so a charge overnight can be very cheap indeed.

OP
OP
Adbt

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
There are no deals in the BMW, but it does have 4 doors, the two rear doors open after the front door shave been opened
It's 300kg lighter than the Nissan and goes like a rocket !

So what did u pay r u paying ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back