LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
At last something useful from the Daily Fail.

When dining out (we don't all sit in our vans twitching curtains, muttering about the pitch next door and complaining that the new sandals have left dirty marks on your pristine white socks.....) here is an interesting bit of information about the menu......

Print is not that clear, so here is the URL... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...e-menus-make-diners-spend-money-revealed.html

image.jpeg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Always been a bit of a mug for a persuasive menu:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
At last something useful from the Daily Fail.

When dining out (we don't all sit in our vans twitching curtains, muttering about the pitch next door and complaining that the new sandals have left dirty marks on your pristine white socks.....) here is an interesting bit of information about the menu......

Print is not that clear, so here is the URL... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...e-menus-make-diners-spend-money-revealed.html

View attachment 80104

Sandals and white socks :eek:
I have noted Fish and Chips has now become "Beer Battered Fish and Steak Chips"

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I take it you're not talking about a certain Mr Robert Clark who has proved beyond doubt that a motorhome is merely a comfortable vehicle for taking it's occupants to a restaurant.:whistle:

whats the point of going somewhere and cooking and eating in a van...May as wel stay at home!lol Some holiday:)

OP
OP
DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sandals and white socks :eek:
I have noted Fish and Chips has now become "Beer Battered Fish and Steak Chips"
At a recent Funster Rally I saw someone with shorts, sandals and white socks - they must have thought it was a "facts" meet, I suppose. Could hardly believe my eyes - found out the hard way that it is not a good idea to stand and stare open mouthed. Not when @Dawn B has a water pistol close by, anyway.......

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In years gone by, when we were in the ECWS, some of those in charge of the society tried to ban a type of latchet shoe even though it was an authentic design. Basically they preferred another design. There was a lively discussion on the society forum in which I asked why, if authenticity was paramount, people were still allowed to go into battle wearing Caterpillar boots and women were allowed on the field dressed as men. I knew the answer of course - if they had banned those then it would have reduced the numbers on the field far too much to be viable.

The response was along the lines of bluster and "do as you are told" until I managed to take, and post, a picture of one of the "authenticity" lobby wearing modern sandals and white socks with 17th century costume on the field during a drill event. The thread was locked after the moderator (one of the lobby) posted a final comment saying it had gone far enough :LOL:

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
"You're more likely to order the pricey steak tartare if you know exactly how it's prepared (and produced)." Does the Fail think all its readers are plebs?

And why the American spelling? Unless it's cut and pasted from across the pond.

Dick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back