Atlas (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I have a Michelin A4 Laminated Spiral 1:250,000 Atlas of France but as I'll be going to Spain next, it won't be of much help, so, I'm looking for the equivalent for Spain - and really just Asturias, Cantabria and Galicia if possible.
It's the scale and lamination that are my priority but happy to get an all Spain atlas if need be.

I've scoured the usual sites but nothing so far.

Anyone got any recommendations? (not tablet/laptop/i things)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have you tried Maps.Me on a tablet ? If you use low heat I reckon you could laminate a tablet.

OP
OP
GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Yes, just noticed the scale.
1/4 mil is difficult
1/2 mil more common.
Interesting to see where you get this as I'm also in the market.
Keep post updated.

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
1/4 mil scale maps for road use are uncommon, they are used in aviation extensively .... But I do tend to use the 1/2 mil as I don't require the in depth detail of the 1/4 mil series.
There is suppliers for 1/4 mil scale Spanish maps, however there is a lot of maps to cover Spain.... I appreciate you only need limited geographical coverage.
1/4 mil aviation charts for the UK run to 8 massive charts !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I suspect that Michelin market the laminated copy of the French Atlas because it has a sufficiently large market which does not apply to their versions of maps for other countries. I also have the French laminated atlas but could not get laminated copies for Germany or Benelux and am also now looking for Spain and Portugal to no avail. There are a few pleas for a laminated version on Amazon! Perhaps you would have abetter chance buying one in France perhaps?

OP
OP
GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I suspect that Michelin market the laminated copy of the French Atlas because it has a sufficiently large market which does not apply to their versions of maps for other countries. I also have the French laminated atlas but could not get laminated copies for Germany or Benelux and am also now looking for Spain and Portugal to no avail. There are a few pleas for a laminated version on Amazon! Perhaps you would have abetter chance buying one in France perhaps?

Yep - I think I'm going to have to concede on this one and live with a Michelin, non laminated, 1/400 - which is still very usable - I've just been spoilt with my French laminated one on which I can scribble all sorts of jottings and then wipe it clean. I might still have a go at laminating the pages I plan to use most.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back