rv with slide out (1 Viewer)

do1977

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
where i park up
Funster No
MH
A class rv
i have been offerd a 34tf winniebago 1998 32000 miles in good condition with a slide out and cant make my mind up as it is £18,500 is a lot of money

do the slide outs have problems with them or go wrong?
it is the chevy turbo engine are they as good as the 6200cc chevy?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i have been offerd a 34tf winniebago 1998 32000 miles in good condition with a slide out and cant make my mind up as it is £18,500 is a lot of money

We were saying at the Stratford show "look at that MH for £60K, look at that RV for 60K, there is no comparison".

£18K would buy you a reasonable little motorhome maybe 8 years old. You are looking at a just run in mobile village for the same money - though massive running costs from that engine that must be good for 200K miles.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +

I seriously suggest that you take long hard look at some of the £18½k European motorhomes and then compare them to what you will get in that Winnie.

Most RVs in this Country will do an absolute of 5000 miles per year - yours has done 3500 per year. Look at the inside bottom of the slide-out - is the carpet damaged, water stained, rust marked - no, then why should it have problems? Does it slide in and out easily - no grunting and groaning, no sticking to stop the smooth even sliding action, no shuffling from side to side?

Remember you are buying virtually a commercial engine on a commercial chassis which is designed to do hundreds of thousands of miles in its lifetime - yours is barely out of the cradle yet!

Look out for rust underneath - was it undersealed - say you want it MoT'd before you purchase it - if it passes an MoT I would grab it with both hands!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Look out for rust underneath - was it undersealed - say you want it MoT'd before you purchase it - if it passes an MoT I would grab it with both hands!

Wouldn't even worry about rust..

chassis on RVs are solid . reminds me of the Irn Bru add ... made in Scotland or in this case Yankland from girders .. :roflmto:

as Dick says.. with MOT .. grab it before someone else does.. :thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
My Winnie was stood in a field for over a year...........chassis was rusty as hell but with a wire brush and some bitumen paint it comes up like new :thumb:

All the underfloor is alloy so no worries there............like others have said, get a MOT with it ..................then put on your mask and buy it!.............deals like that are hard to come by dude :winky:

Boo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back