Newbie decisions! (1 Viewer)

Wurn

Free Member
May 25, 2009
Essex
Funster No
Hi everyone,bit of a dilemma here.After looking at numerous vehicles we thought we had decide on an Autotrail Cheyenne 635,2003 with 10,000 on the clock for £32,000 but now see we could buy a brand new Euramobil A580LS for £32,000 or a brand new Ace Milano for £33,000.Bearing in mind that we havnt seen the new ones,my question is that is the Autotrail that much better and if so why?I know they are smaller but what would you do??:Sad:

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Wurn,

We've just gone through this dilemma with a very similar budget. While I cannot comment on the actual models you refer to let me tell you what our final decision was.

With a budget of around £30 - £33K we were looking at second hand vehicles when a friend pointed out I could get a new one for that amount. We looked at a number of new models in various showrooms, online etc and had a look at what was available in our local (and not so local dealers).

Our decision came down to one single factor, which had we seen that best suited our requirments. We chose the vehicle which had the best layout for our needs, best use of cupboard space and which ticked most of the boxes for what equipment we wanted included. The decision on 'new' or 'used' and one make versus another became irrelevant.

In the end we chose what we thought was a used CI, though it actually turned out to be unused but pre-registered so this was a pleasant suprise and bonus - but not the deciding factor.

If it does the job, is a solid build and within your budget does it matter what make/model it happens to be?

TJ

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Wurn,32k is a lot of money so you must take the time to investigate all options :thumb:
It is very easy to jump in and buy the wrong van :Eeek: and loose 5k :Eeek: by buying what you thought was the right layout only to find it is the wrong layout :Doh:See a pattern forming ? LAYOUT,LAYOUT :thumb: no good sat at a dining table if you want feet up relaxing :ROFLMAO::thumb:
Hopefully all the bugs/probs should have been done on the 3 yr old but with all the things that go wrong on new vans I would be temped with a new 3 yr warranty provided your dealer honours it :thumb: The Ace is a Swift group who are on here :thumb: but I am almost positive they have dropped the ACE name ????:Eeek: so you could end up buying a new old van :Eeek::Eeek:
Peter from JCM will be able to confirm :thumb::thumb:
LAYOUT:thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi just been on the dark side reading that LOWDAMS (notts) have some Dethleffs built Sunlight A70 for 31 k :thumb: -- sounds well worth looking at :thumb: they are about 39k usually
terry

Last edited:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
new motorhome

Hi everyone,bit of a dilemma here.After looking at numerous vehicles we thought we had decide on an Autotrail Cheyenne 635,2003 with 10,000 on the clock for £32,000 but now see we could buy a brand new Euramobil A580LS for £32,000 or a brand new Ace Milano for £33,000.Bearing in mind that we havnt seen the new ones,my question is that is the Autotrail that much better and if so why?I know they are smaller but what would you do??:Sad:
Hi wurn you didnt say what base vehicle was on the vans, I am selling a burstner nexxo t660 its on a ford transit 2008 plate,drives like a dream:Cool: its advertised on this site to buy this van today is over 40k have a look, on the other hand if the cheyenne is on a merc then thats a good van 10, 000 miles is nothing for a merc, no matter what,i hope you get what you need and enjoy the life, it is fantastic and forums like this make it so much easier.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Wurb,

The Autotrail sounds expensive, for example we have a 2007 660SE up at only £5k more and its 5 years younger.

The Ace Milano I think is a 2007 model and again we have an 2008 Ace Airstream with 800 miles only on the clock at £2k more. (original cost new was £45k)

A preowned van has taken the big hit on depreciation, the Airstream is now £10k cheaper!

Swift have dropped the Ace brand but no problems as all the warranties are still valid.

But it all depends on layout as Terry says.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back