Aldi chargers on Thursday 22 oct (1 Viewer)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sorry if it's already been posted but the chargers are on this Thursday along with a single din radio/usb with 7 ins flip up screen plus a 5" Garmin sat nav with map updates and traffic on it for those who don't like the Chinese ones -Going to be a expensive Thursday :(:LOL:
Broken Link Removed
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Also Broken Link Removed
but I will resit this until someone buys and tests one out ;)
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry if it's already been posted but the chargers are on this Thursday along with a single din radio/usb with 7 ins flip up screen plus a 5" Garmin sat nav with map updates and traffic on it for those who don't like the Chinese ones -Going to be a expensive Thursday :(:LOL:
Broken Link Removed
terry
make sure the Garmin accepts 3rd party POI.. not all do
It was some TomToms that didn't accept third party POIs wasn't it? Now rectified after complaints from purchasers I believe.
There is no model for the Garmin on offer at Aldi but it looks like one of the Nuvi car models that don't have the facility to input vehicle dimensions. Also, the traffic facility is via smartphone rather than dedicated. Apart from the traffic facility it looks very much like the Nuvi 2569 that I bought a few weeks ago and am very pleased with.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Also Broken Link Removed
but I will resit this until someone buys and tests one out ;)
terry
It looks similar in specification to the RAC600 which I used to have. That was OK for a few years but it was a bit fiddly and in the end I just used it when we were away and bought a mains compressor to keep a check on tyres at home.

The RAC gave up the ghost earlier this year when one of the monitors started to flash its red light. Because I then needed a compressor in a hurry and we were away from home I bought this cheapy which works just as well as a get you going one.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Does it look good value Graham?
Terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Does it look good value Graham?
Terry
Compared to the RAC600 it does. You can get that one for about 20 quid on-line but somewhere between £25 and £30 on the high street. If it were me though, Terry, I'd get down to Clas Ohlson in Donny and buy the £9.99 one that I did earlier this year in preference :D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It was some TomToms that didn't accept third party POIs wasn't it? Now rectified after complaints from purchasers I believe.
There is no model for the Garmin on offer at Aldi but it looks like one of the Nuvi car models that don't have the facility to input vehicle dimensions. Also, the traffic facility is via smartphone rather than dedicated. Apart from the traffic facility it looks very much like the Nuvi 2569 that I bought a few weeks ago and am very pleased with.

I don't know what model it is. But I know for a fact not all take POI. Because a friend bought one and had to buy another...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know what model it is. But I know for a fact not all take POI. Because a friend bought one and had to buy another...
From the Garmin web site: "Except for our Basic Handhelds and older Rino two way radio GPS devices, all of our current Outdoor and Automotive products are compatible with custom POIs."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back