Dangerous Roads of India-Killar.. @Jaws (1 Viewer)

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Enfield Indian!! Seems the perfect bike for that road? Soft power delivery,not so sure about the bars though,or the Seikh without a helmet,still wouldnt make much difference if you went over the edge would it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
And the one with the camera seemed to drive more on the edge side than the first rider! Also looked at the Shimla to Manali road trip which came up at the end of the clip.

Did a hairy local bus ride in northern Turkey once, at one point all the passengers on the left hand side came over to our side - to look down the deep gorge where an unlucky lorry and its driver had recently met their unfortunate end. I'm sure most of the drivers were 'on something', they all drove exceedingly fast. We were very relieved to arrive safely at our destination!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I found a road a bit like this in France, when I ignored the SatNavs (Turn around) and the length limit sign and did 20 miles on a narrow track with a drop of a few hundred feet on the left hand side and grass growing up the middle. SWMBO was not impressed as she was on the side with the drop. As I told her, once we'd started we couldn't turn back.
The road/track in question was somewhere near saint guilhem le desert and I didn't want to go back the way we'd come as that would be boring. Rapido 999m Aclass 7.6m. Length limit 7m on the 'road'
Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert_vue3.JPG

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
American roads are all straight and wide aren't they?
So when we were in a 33ft RV and driving up the mountain to Sequoia National Park I ignored to sign saying "no vehicles over 25ft" thinking "that's just because Americans don't know how to drive on twisty roads"
It wasn't.
The road did get narrow by U.S. Standards but in Europe we wouldn't worry too much.
However halfway up the mountain a land slip had taken half the road away for a distance of about 100yards. It was JUST wide enough to get through with the outside wheel right on the edge and the bodywork hanging out over the quite considerable drop. Gwen had to get out and guide me with hand signals as I edged very slowly forward. Once through that the road was again fine.
We had to negotiate the same section coming back down which felt even more scary

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Yeah, but when do we see the one where they take a Motorhome along the road ?
There is a film somewhere on YouTube of a van almost stuck under that overhang........Got it.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Indian roads are insane - I saw the results of more accidents in one 100 mile journey in India than I have in all my years of driving around other parts of the world.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back