Brittany (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29692
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We're off on Saturday for a week. I know some of the towns but this will be our first time in that part of France in the van.

Any suggestions for places to visit and good aires to stay on?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Niknik,
This was our trip this year

Fougeres free aire nice castle & town.
Campeneac lovey lakeside aire free
Rochefort en Terre nice old village
St Gilda's de Rhuys nice beachside aire 6 euro's
Carnac stones worth a visit
Quiberon nice drive around coast road
Port Louis aire
Pointe de Penmarch nice lunch stop
Plogoff aire free large car park services in village separate
Pointe de Raz aire 6 euro or nice place to visit
Locranon is a must old quaint village
Caramet sur mer aire 6 euro but fab walk behind aire about 500 yds to view of great beach
Bourg Blanc free lakeside aire
Lampual Plouarzel nice terraced beachside aire 4 euro plus showers laundry extra
Ile de Renote rose granite coast well worth a visit
Treguier aire free riverside
La plouha aire beachside free
Saint Cast de Guildo aire car prk over looking harbour free
Dinan great town beautiful free aire at Lehon
Saint Andre des Eaux free lakeside aire (near Evran)
Cerisy en foret free aire nice Sculptures over 100
Port En Besson aire basic free but close to nice town & Quay

If you need gps just PM
Terry

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And my little account of our recent trip: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/two-go-to-france.115155/

Given the weather is likely to be a bit iffy I suspect you would be better off going to towns which have aires with only brief trips to the coast - to be sand-blasted!

Though with only a week I guess where you go is going to be influenced by where you are landing, assuming you are not crossing at Calais.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
And my little account of our recent trip: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/two-go-to-france.115155/

Given the weather is likely to be a bit iffy I suspect you would be better off going to towns which have aires with only brief trips to the coast - to be sand-blasted!

Though with only a week I guess where you go is going to be influenced by where you are landing, assuming you are not crossing at Calais.

I know it won't be 100% but if this forecast is remotely accurate I'll be happy. http://www.holiday-weather.com/brittany/forecast/

We're using the tunnel as we always do so will be driving through France to get there. It will definitely be Brittany on this trip unless the weather forecast is way off in which case we might rethink.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Sorry NicNic, I hadn't read your opening line of the thread,
but Fougeres ,Dinan & poss rose granite coast might be possible in a week , depending on how far each day you drive on getting to & from Brittany.
about 320 miles similar to Fougeres & then another 150 miles to the rose coast, as you won't want to be driving all your hols

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I know you are already en route but on the off chance you can get online (we did at several sites) here is where we went over two weeks in September:
Free Aire at Huelgoat, on the way out and the way back. Lovely location.
Concarneau ACSI site. Nice site, close to town, nice restaurants but for us, two nights was enough. A bit touristy.
Moulin de l'eclis campsite at Pont Mahe near Penestin. Fantastic campsite right on the beach, great cycling and a lovely old town nearby (Guerande)
Camping de la torche. Near Pointe de la torche, another nice site within easy walking of a fantastic beach and good cycling down the coast, where we saw a perfect Aire right behind the beach (one for the next trip) just outside Guilvinec.
Locronan, already mentioned above, and definitely worth a visit (another great ACSI site)
Camping Plage de Trezrouz just outside Camaret. Great seafood restaurants here.
And finally, th night before the fry home from Roscoff, stayed at camping Trologot at St Pol, which was great, and another with free wifi and an ACSI site, but having seen the Aire overlooking the sea, that looks tempting too.
Overall a fantastic trip and we will be back next year. Gary image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks for the replies everyone.

We spent Saturday night at Honfleur just because I had had enough of driving by that point.

Yesterday we moved on to Dinan and we're staying here tonight as well at the Port de Dinan aire.

Tomorrow we're off again. I think it's going to be to Treguier.

I'll post some pictures when I get a decent signal.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Nice bread and cakes in the shop just down the road! Go out of the Aire, turn right and its about 300 t0 400 yards on your left

Try the Kouign Amann :):)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Also if you want the quick way into Dinan go out of the aire, turn left and go about 50 yards then cross the road and walk up the footpath between the apple trees to the church above :)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Also if you want the quick way into Dinan go out of the aire, turn left and go about 50 yards then cross the road and walk up the footpath between the apple trees to the church above :)

We went up the zig zag path and steps opposite the aire this morning.

Came back down the little cobbled street to the port

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Nicnic,
check out my photo's in showcase couple of pics of tregier aire no facilities at all but nice free stop over

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back