Hi everyone, we are looking for a Starfire, circa 2000 or so.East Anglia ish. Can anyone help please (1 Viewer)

Burybird

Free Member
Oct 18, 2015
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Lookin to buy our 1st one
Exp
We are newbies
We are just starting out in the motorhome world. Having looked (on the net) we have come to the decision that we REALLY want a starfire. The layout is perfect for us. Our dog can sit behind us and with the end kitchen we get a large-ish bathroom. And as parking is, to say the least, tight! It's just right for us. Our problem is finding one to even look at within a reasonable distance. Please help.
Tim and Julia.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Guessing it's the Autocruise Starfire you are after ..

when searching for something specific you sometimes have to be prepared to travel..
the usual search sites have a few .. ebay.. and Autotrader both have 11

but there are other marques that have similar layouts ..

for example, the Hymer B544 .. similar layout, about the same length, very popular.
In my opinion, a better quality van than the Starfire..

welcome to the fun of choosing..

:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 16, 2012
Hedge End
Funster No
MH
Bilbo's Nexa
Exp
Since 2012
We have a 2000 Starfire (not for sale!) and love it! It is lovely to drive, easy to park and ideal for the two of us.

The only tiny gripe - we could do with a little more storage space. We have become quite expert at using the space to best advantage, but a modicum more space would be good!

Good luck with your hunt, and shout if we can help with any questions!

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome (y) Be prepared to travel far and wide, I bought my Hymer off an island in Scotland, well worth it though:)
Our first van had a very similar layout to the starfire and we loved it but its biggest problem was storage and payload, so be aware of both:cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Burybird

Burybird

Free Member
Oct 18, 2015
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Exp
We are newbies
Thanks everyone, yes it's the layout we love. Do now realize we will have to travel. Bit silly to think one will be on the doorstep.
Just want to start our motorhome fun asap!

If you hear of anything like an Autocrise starfire then please let me know.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bit silly to think one will be on the doorstep.

you may get lucky.. we looked for months to find a Hymer close to home (Suffolk) .. nothing remotely close.. then one turned up at Becks.. in Yarmouth.. sometimes we need to be patient..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We had a 2006 Starfire until a couple of months ago (and we live near Norwich!). A good layout for the length and there were a couple of other contenders when we were looking but the Starfire was the best overall (and a good swing wall shower which was great). One thing we did learn was that an external locker was essential. Our Starfire had a longer locker door which made access easier. The underfloor locker also helped with storage. We don't have it anymore but if you need any info about living with one (we had it for 15 months and 2 trips to France) we'll be happy to chat.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Guessing it's the Autocruise Starfire you are after ..

when searching for something specific you sometimes have to be prepared to travel..
the usual search sites have a few .. ebay.. and Autotrader both have 11

but there are other marques that have similar layouts ..

for example, the Hymer B544 .. similar layout, about the same length, very popular.
In my opinion, a better quality van than the Starfire..

welcome to the fun of choosing..

:welc:
I agree with Jim, we had a 2001 Starfire for 2 years then changed to a Hymer B584 and never looked back. It's strange that the Hymer looks longer than the Starfire but there's not much in it and you don't have to make the bed-up each night:)

OP
OP
Burybird

Burybird

Free Member
Oct 18, 2015
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Exp
We are newbies
Hi, well we are looking to spend no more than £20,000 but would prefer it around £15000 if that's possible?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back