pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Hello, first of all I apologise for my rantings and negative posts, we still have our van and will be travelling to Norfolk for a few days, will be a mix of wild camping and hopefully a nite or two on a site, we are planning to travel down the east coast south of brid, with stops on the way, some good places in Lincolnshire, Norfolk to stay would be much appreciated, once again sorry for being so negative. cheers steve, and nade.

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
We did the East coast Aldeburgh up to West Runton in September in beautiful weather and loved it! Particularly enjoyed Aldeburgh and stayed at Church Farm campsite (good facilities) which is very handy for both the beaches, walking and the town. We walked from Aldeburgh to Thorpeness which was lovely. Southwold was definitely worth a visit and so is Holkham which has a really amazing beach. We stayed at West Runton C and CC site which was quite central for seeing loads of things but the site itself was a bit challenging for us at 7'6" but ok. Lots of excellent dog walking around.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You can stay the night in Sandringham House car park, the house is worth a visit.
There is a hard standing next to the river after the hight restricted car parks in Kings Lynn
There are various places to wild camp if you turn down the beach roads all along the North Norfolk coast.
The very end of Truch Lane in Chapel St Leonards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
For views out to sea and along the coast, you'd be hard pressed to beat Mill Farm, Wells next the Sea (CC and indep: facilities are a little dated).

White House Beach at Kessingland (SUFFOLK) is lovely on the front row, but you need to get there soon after midday and be prepared to check/move if a space frees up (good facilities but it closed for the winter in mid-Nov last year [from memory]).

I'm sure you've seen all the reports about Huttoft Car Terrace (south of Mablethorpe): a lovely quiet spot to do as you think fit but don't blame me - Gordon

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
The staying at sandringham this time of year might be a no no. Liz comes up for Xmas and the shooting at times before so the police are active around and move people on. Come a bit further up and there is the bird reserve car park at snettisham for a bit of wild camping.

OP
OP
pigginchilli

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
For views out to sea and along the coast, you'd be hard pressed to beat Mill Farm, Wells next the Sea (CC and indep: facilities are a little dated).

White House Beach at Kessingland (SUFFOLK) is lovely on the front row, but you need to get there soon after midday and be prepared to check/move if a space frees up (good facilities but it closed for the winter in mid-Nov last year [from memory]).

I'm sure you've seen all the reports about Huttoft Car Terrace (south of Mablethorpe): a lovely quiet spot to do as you think fit but don't blame me - Gordon
Wow, just read all about that, I think if the security guards were shining a torch in our motorhome at 3 in the morning clocking me might make him wish he hadn't but we want a hassle free week away so will prob give that place a miss.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back