Brittany Ferry Discount (1 Viewer)

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Going to take a Brittany Ferry Club Voyage Spain discount membership.
Would anyone like to join us and share the registration cost £100 (£50 one off) and take the Association yearly membership of £60 (we will pay the membership £115)
See benefits bellow:- One return ferry to Santander can save £300.

Club sailing discounts
UK - Spain routes (non-promotional) Save 30% on all fares
UK - France routes (non-promotional) Save 15% - all durations
Promotional fares Save up to 10%
Friends & family discount
Save up to 10% - on fares to France & Spain
Excludes overnight on board accommodation.
Add an associate member
Do you have a friend or family member who travels to France or Spain independently of you? For a supplement of £60 you can add one of them as an Associate to your membership - giving them the same benefits as you.

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
It is possible that the French membership is more popular. Another funster and myself have recently joined that. Just a thought and maybe someone will respond after they have considered their plans.

Do not give up hope yet.

Clive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Clive.
We are taking it, only offering to Funsters to enjoy the benefits.
Even only one returned crossing to Santander with MH saving £300 for £110 cost, easy mats!

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Clive.
We are taking it, only offering to Funsters to enjoy the benefits.
Even only one returned crossing to Santander with MH saving £300 for £110 cost, easy mats!

Yes you are right but....I would not risk such a long crossing just in case of bad weather :sick:, too risky for me anyway, I would sooner drive through France, but again I am not in any hurry and enjoy the journey/stopovers.

Otherwise it would make it just about cost effective edit;( ferry Vs fuel costs):)

But a good offer (y) and I am sure someone will take you up on it (y)

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I think that the French discount (30% to France 10%to Spain) not very useful due to where Brittany sailing into France (Caen, St Malo, Cherbourg, Le Havre) much more expensive even with 30% discount then ferry to Calais (with no discount) and driving the distances to those (Caen, St Malo, Cherbourg, Le Havre) places, so the Spain membership will benefit us much more if will go to Spain more then once a year or even one returned to Santander discount £300+ with cost (first year £100 registration) £215 and following years ~£115.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I think that the French discount (30% to France 10%to Spain) not very useful due to where Brittany sailing into France (Caen, St Malo, Cherbourg, Le Havre) much more expensive even with 30% discount then ferry to Calais (with no discount) and driving the distances to those (Caen, St Malo, Cherbourg, Le Havre) places, so the Spain membership will benefit us much more if will go to Spain more then once a year or even one returned to Santander discount £300+ with cost (first year £100 registration) £215 and following years ~£115.

For us with our preference of Plymouth to Roscoff joining the French one is more worthwhile. We will save 60 quid each trip one way so well worth the outlay.

I won't go down to Spain by ferry as I get really bad sickness .

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
For us with our preference of Plymouth to Roscoff joining the French one is more worthwhile. We will save 60 quid each trip one way so well worth the outlay.

I did have 'Spain membership' but switched to 'French Membership' because even though I make two single crossings back from Spain each year I make more return crossings to France and consequently save more overall. I am not sure where the £150+ saving per crossing on the Spanish route quoted in the thread comes from as I have never paid a reservation cost for the vehicle + passengers of £500. What length MH is that for? Do not overlook that a discount is not given for the cabin cost.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Our MH 8m long with extra bikes rack and 3.52m high the returned ferry Portsmouth to Santander (without the cabin) nearly £750, discount £225 and you are getting allowance for 4 breakfasts total £31.60.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Our MH 8m long with extra bikes rack and 3.52m high the returned ferry Portsmouth to Santander (without the cabin) nearly £750, discount £225 and you are getting allowance for 4 breakfasts total £31.60.

Ah well, my next reservation on the Santander run is about £250 including cabin and including 2 breakfasts without Club Voyage Spain membership. No brainer really :giggler:

Maybe someone with an extra long and extra high MH will benefit from membership.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Flamenco, is the £250 is for returned or one way? What size is your MH?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its got to be a single for sure .
i use brittany to spain regularly and its great .
unless you do incredible good mpg .
if you live close to dover or one of the other uk ports to france might be different .
but i certainly cant drive through france and back for thje ferry cost . thats winter time and with discount .
high season the costs of the ferry are high but the discount gives more in return.
but the real saving is in wear and tear of the vehicle.
living in cornwall driving to dover is definately out of the question . unless going to holland or germany etc.
but have fun what ever you do. remember summer is coming . its just round the corner. hee hee

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Is this still on offer? I would need to call up Brittany Ferries as i have already booked my crossing but not yet paid all of it just a deposit. Do you get a membership number or something or is there a seperate login to the site?

Not quite sure how it works, i have read the site info but it also say's "Credits for use on main member bookings only." not sure what that is referring too!

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Is this still on offer? I would need to call up Brittany Ferries as i have already booked my crossing but not yet paid all of it just a deposit. Do you get a membership number or something or is there a seperate login to the site?

Not quite sure how it works, i have read the site info but it also say's "Credits for use on main member bookings only." not sure what that is referring too!

I suggest you send a PM to Dogsense to ask if the Associate membership is still available.

I am not able to answer your question regarding post-reservation use of membership discount but I have always found Brittany Ferries very helpful.

OP
OP
Dogsense
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Sorry not been on lately.
As it's our first time to Spain and not sure how often we go, we decided to drive from Calais , so didn't take the Brittany membership.
With my latest calculations, think we would save £200+ on the journey to Zaragoza (no much tolls and cheap Diesel)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back