DVD copying software (legally)?? (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Having just treated myself to a new tablet I thought it would be good for watching some of my dvds whilst away in the van. I have tried several free programs downloaded from the net to rip my dvds but have had little or no success. Does anyone know of a good program that will get through the encrytion and be able to copy my dvds as I have no intention of becoming a pirate just want to watch dvds that I own on my tablet.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
No issues with making a digital copy for your own use, think they changed the rules sometime ago..

Ref software. Free make.. Do a web search, free and I have used it for quiet a few years.. Simple to use.

Broken Link Removed

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Or down load them to a pen, hard drive or memory card and play them on your TV.

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I have used THIS for many years....... it's brill (y) It strips the DVD of adverts, trailers, unnecessary sound, subtitles, languages etc.......... and will compress as required to a single sided disc.

As it happens we don't watch many DVD's any more (now we've got 800 films haha)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Having just treated myself to a new tablet I thought it would be good for watching some of my dvds whilst away in the van. I have tried several free programs downloaded from the net to rip my dvds but have had little or no success. Does anyone know of a good program that will get through the encrytion and be able to copy my dvds as I have no intention of becoming a pirate just want to watch dvds that I own on my tablet.
As listed above there are programmes which will remove the copyright and allow you to make copies. I've used one myself but the problem for the film distributors is once you have removed the protection the subsequent copy can be distributed widely - and is!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
That's true.........

As it happens it is illegal to copy any film without permission even if as a backup :eek: Didn't stop me tho', my view was that having hired the film I had paid my dues and the copy was so that I could watch the film at a later date! (we still have around 150 that we have never watched).

However I never make further copies so I don't consider myself a 'video pirate'. I am still breaking the law however :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Used makemkv (http://www.makemkv.com), creates an mkv file, which is quite large 4-5gb for a film. You need to make sure you can play it back, both Avtex and Cello tvs are fine, with the right software so are pc and android.

If you want smaller file then Handbrake, is ok, i find it not so good for removing the encrytion. Can produce mp4, it can convert mkv to mp4, but i do not bother.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back