Am I the only one with a Majestic MH? (1 Viewer)

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
Hello again,
After making a couple of posts saying I am going to be the proud owner of a Majestic 155 I have not seen anything about them on here or even seen any on the road.
Am I the only one with a Majestic MH? :oops:
Everything I have read and been told says that they have sold thousands and are a very popular, if that's the case where are they all? :???:
Hope to hear something or it looks like I'm the one with a Majestic 155! :lol:

Cheers

David&Barbara

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It's a badge engineered dealer special.

I for one have seen plenty!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
I have a bog standard Elddis Autoquest 130., and am very happy with it. Had refillable Gas Bottles, and a Solar Panel fitted by Dave Newell last year, plus an Awning, Reversing Camera, TV Arial, Cruise Control and Cobra Alarm fitted by Todds of Preston, who I bought it from. MAJESTIC are just re badged Elddis vans from Marquis.it seems to be their Brand name.

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
It's a badge engineered dealer special.

I for one have seen plenty!
Thanks for your reply
It must be a case of them being there but not seeing them as I'm not looking for them.
When I am looking I can't see them :LOL:
Cheers
David&Barbara

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
The Majestic 155 is a dealer special version of the Elddis Autoquest 155 so several Funsters may have vans which are basically the same but with different "extras".
Good to hear from you.
I liked the 155's layout with the fixed bed plus more goodies.
Thanks for your time
Cheers
David&Barbara

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for your reply
It must be a case of them being there but not seeing them as I'm not looking for them.
When I am looking I can't see them :LOL:
Cheers
David&Barbara
I guarantee that once you take delivery you will see them everywhere

Any time we change M/H we always notice that there are many more of the same on the road.

Shows we made a sensible choice!:whistle:(y)

Mi58ck

Free Member
Aug 9, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since august 2012
We had a majestic 130 (I think) got rid of it because we got fed up making the bed up every night

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Good to hear from you.
I liked the 155's layout with the fixed bed plus more goodies.
Thanks for your time
Cheers
David&Barbara
Fixed bed is a must for us as well :) Our first van was a Autoquest 100 in which we had to make the bed up. After we had had it for 5 years or so that was becoming a chore so one of the essentials on our list for a replacement was a fixed bed.

Don't let an apparent lack of Majestic owners put you off asking questions as many of your van's features will be the same as for the rest of the Elddis range and many appliances are common to most vans :)

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
We had a majestic 130 (I think) got rid of it because we got fed up making the bed up every night
Hi and thanks for taking the time to answer
That's mainly to do with the layout of the mh.
Do I take it that was the only reason in changing, what do you have now?
Cheers
David&Barbara

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
I have a bog standard Elddis Autoquest 130., and am very happy with it. Had refillable Gas Bottles, and a Solar Panel fitted by Dave Newell last year, plus an Awning, Reversing Camera, TV Arial, Cruise Control and Cobra Alarm fitted by Todds of Preston, who I bought it from. MAJESTIC are just re badged Elddis vans from Marquis.it seems to be their Brand name.
You must have really liked the mh to go on and spend more money on it.
So much looking forward to getting it now
Cheers
David&Barbara

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
I guarantee that once you take delivery you will see them everywhere

Any time we change M/H we always notice that there are many more of the same on the road.

Shows we made a sensible choice!:whistle:(y)
Think deep down that's one of the reasons for giving up caravans.
Must wait now for Friday to take delivery..(y)
David&Barbara

taralabradog

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis majestic 105
Exp
We went for the Majestic 105 The reason we went for the dealer special rather than the Elddis Accordo version were all the extras, most of which we probably would have retro fitted anyway at a greater cost.
The main thing was the uprated engine to 150BHP. Nothing is any problem to it.
We did have some minor niggles from new like locker catches not catching through being fitted incorrectly and a piece of split wood due to screws being screwed in without pilot holes. Other things were a falt in the drivers seat cover and various screws being over tightened so that they didn't hold so that the bed box hinges were permanently loose. The Elddis fitters must have had an off day and quality control must have been on strike.
It took me 6 months to get Marquis to try and sort things out. Once again the Marquis fitters did not impress me and I was having to push them all the time.
I am just glad that they were only minor faults and having said all that we now love the van.

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
It's our first M/H, had it
3 years now, suits us at the moment. No pets, and very rarely grandkids. The over cab bed is always ready made, until the missus gets too old to climb up there, we'll keep it. I sleep on the settee, as I need to go to the loo during the night (every night !!! ) It only takes 2 minutes to make the settee up into a bed, just have to re arrange a few cushions.

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
We went for the Majestic 105 The reason we went for the dealer special rather than the Elddis Accordo version were all the extras, most of which we probably would have retro fitted anyway at a greater cost.
The main thing was the uprated engine to 150BHP. Nothing is any problem to it.
We did have some minor niggles from new like locker catches not catching through being fitted incorrectly and a piece of split wood due to screws being screwed in without pilot holes. Other things were a falt in the drivers seat cover and various screws being over tightened so that they didn't hold so that the bed box hinges were permanently loose. The Elddis fitters must have had an off day and quality control must have been on strike.
It took me 6 months to get Marquis to try and sort things out. Once again the Marquis fitters did not impress me and I was having to push them all the time.
I am just glad that they were only minor faults and having said all that we now love the van.
Hi Ken & Cherry,
Thank you for getting back to me.
It's nice to hear that overall your pleased with your Majestic.
I agree with you that some of the faulty albeit minor ones, should have picked up either by QC or at PDI and pleased that now you can enjoy your MH
Nice to hear the 150BHP power unit copes with everyday use too.
Thank you for your honest opinions of the dealer and MH.
It's exactly the type of thing I was after.
Now just the wait till Friday to collect my MH
Cheers
David&Barbara

taralabradog

Free Member
Mar 27, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis majestic 105
Exp
Yes it is absolutely great now it is sorted and to put it into perspective I have heard of all sorts of much worse faults on much more expensive vans than ours.
Having said that I have found a much more local Peugeot dealer and Elddis approved service centre to do any future servicing.
For one thing it is a lot cheaper than Marquis and the second thing is that I would not trust Marquis technicians
again.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi David and Barbara
In July we bought a 2013 majestic 175 from marquis. It had done just under 3,00 miles. It was 40th anniversary edition with extras.
We found marquis after sales poor and wouldn't buy from them again. There were a few niggles but then at August bank holiday weekend the big Heki leaked badly causing staining to ceiling. Long story short - we had to have new ceiling panels and replaced heki. They told us they would fix all other niggles at same time But they didn't. They had the MH for 4 weeks and only did the ceiling and heki. They never return phone calls we had to keep chasing them. They have now said they will do the other little jobs if we care to make a date to take it to them.
Having said all that we love the MH. We love the huge fridge and freezer, the layout, big end bathroom. We have had caravans since 1985 and decided to change to a MH - very pleased with our Majestic. Looking forward to travelling around in France in it as well as this country.

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
Hi, we have the 125 and love it, had good after sales service from Marquis, we have been to Il de Re last month, and use ours every week without fail, so you may see us on the road. We use it all winter too, heating good.

Will look out for you, enjoy your travels

Lynne

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
It's our first M/H, had it
3 years now, suits us at the moment. No pets, and very rarely grandkids. The over cab bed is always ready made, until the missus gets too old to climb up there, we'll keep it. I sleep on the settee, as I need to go to the loo during the night (every night !!! ) It only takes 2 minutes to make the settee up into a bed, just have to re arrange a few cushions.
They certainly have improved things bed wise, but IMO there is nothing like being able to fall into a memory foam mattress bed without having to make it up first. But then again, I must be getting lazy in my old age :D
Cheers
David&Barbara

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
Hi, we have the 125 and love it, had good after sales service from Marquis, we have been to Il de Re last month, and use ours every week without fail, so you may see us on the road. We use it all winter too, heating good.

Will look out for you, enjoy your travels

Lynne
Thank you so much Lynne for your comments.
If you say you use your MH throughout winter too and living where you do it must be ok. (y)
It's nice to hear the reality of a real owner of the MH rather than the "Sales bumf"
Do you attend many of the rallies?
We intend to try and get to some of the rallies but work restricts the time I can attend.
Cheers
David&Barbara

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
Hi David and Barbara
In July we bought a 2013 majestic 175 from marquis. It had done just under 3,00 miles. It was 40th anniversary edition with extras.
We found marquis after sales poor and wouldn't buy from them again. There were a few niggles but then at August bank holiday weekend the big Heki leaked badly causing staining to ceiling. Long story short - we had to have new ceiling panels and replaced heki. They told us they would fix all other niggles at same time But they didn't. They had the MH for 4 weeks and only did the ceiling and heki. They never return phone calls we had to keep chasing them. They have now said they will do the other little jobs if we care to make a date to take it to them.
Having said all that we love the MH. We love the huge fridge and freezer, the layout, big end bathroom. We have had caravans since 1985 and decided to change to a MH - very pleased with our Majestic. Looking forward to travelling around in France in it as well as this country.
Hi there,
I am so sorry to hear of all the troubles you have had with your MH and the service at Marquis.
I don't work for them so can't comment any further but it sounds as if your all up and running again now.
It appears as your happy overall with your 175 is it "Does what it says on the tin"
As always it's buyer beware and I am under no illusion that buying new can't be without niggles.
Still from what I have read on the forum the consensus seems that the Elddis/Majestic are a pretty good buy.
I appreciate your time and enjoy your travelling.
Cheers
David&Barbara

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
Thank you so much Lynne for your comments.
If you say you use your MH throughout winter too and living where you do it must be ok. (y)
It's nice to hear the reality of a real owner of the MH rather than the "Sales bumf"
Do you attend many of the rallies?
We intend to try and get to some of the rallies but work restricts the time I can attend.
Cheers
David&Barbara

We would love to Attend a rally, but we are carers to my father and we work, so have limited time, there was a rally close to us at Shell Island in September but we had already booked our ferry.
In the winter less campsites open and we often visit Chester and stay at Little Roodee Carpark and it is a short stroll along the walls into the city, sometimes we travel only a couple of miles from home.
I hope you enjoy your van as much as we do, we fitted a few extras, solar panels and I bought an extra memory foam mattress topper and Roy made me a headboard, so we are comfy.

Have fun,
Lynne

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back