Hymer Dealers -recommendations? (1 Viewer)

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Can anyone share with me positives or dare I say any negatives (keep it clean!) about their own experience of the various Hymer Dealers that are current?

in no particular order,

Kimberley in Darlington
Lowdhams
Travelworld
Becks Norfolk
Premier Chichester

I prefer local but best of all I'd prefer the best ;)

Cheers, Ruth

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Our Hymer was supplied by Premier Motorhomes and Leisure near Chichester.

They gave us a fantastic deal when we traded in our Bessacarr and I cannot fault their service in any way.

Whenever I have contact with them I always feel like a friend rather than a customer.

Yeah, I know they're a long way from you but they're also a long way from where we live.

Stef.

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Ruth, can't fault Becks, so pleased with the deal and after sales service, I'm sure our next van will also come from them.

Found Lowdens a little more 'cutthroat' not sure I'd be happy dealing with their service department.

Travelworld have also had some great after sales comments on here.

The only issue with Becks for you, may be travelling distance.

Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I bought my hymer new from kimberley Darlington last sept traded my old one in I was very pleased with the hand over and the motorhome itself only downside is I live in leicester and it was a long trip they provided me with overnight stay in there car park and a free breakfast in the morning I would use them again if the deal was as good as the one on my new van

OP
OP
ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Cheers all these are useful comments and any more experiences will be gladly received. Ruth

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Becks .. bought our Hymer B644 from them..

top notch family firm.. in business for over 40 years.. highly recommend them..
no pressure from sales person,,we were left to look as long as we liked.. then offered a test drive.. no pressure .. we negotiated a good deal. very happy customers.

On the pick up day they sent a car to pick us up .. 140ml round trip for them

since buying had two parts replaced, no quibble.. the door step switch and a driving light both quite expensive.. I fitted myself to safe the journey.

I seldom trust garages or dealers.. but wouldn't hesitate in having them do the annual service.

They have there own fully equipped mechanical workshops..

The warranty is with them.. not a third party insurer..

Buy with confidence from Becks (y)

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We bought our Hymer from Edgehill Motorhomes in Mansfield. They're a family run business and we found them great. We were first time buyers of a motorhome, but we'd done our research and knew what we were looking for. They had one that kept drawing our eye as it ticked all the boxes, but as ever was just over our budget. We decided to look, we bought and 4 years later, we still own the same van. I can recommend them.

OP
OP
ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
We bought our Hymer from Edgehill Motorhomes in Mansfield. They're a family run business and we found them great. We were first time buyers of a motorhome, but we'd done our research and knew what we were looking for. They had one that kept drawing our eye as it ticked all the boxes, but as ever was just over our budget. We decided to look, we bought and 4 years later, we still own the same van. I can recommend them.

OP
OP
ruthiebabe

ruthiebabe

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1989
Thanks Katv that's good to know though I think edgehill are not current new model suppliers. Glad you are happy with yours though and I know others who recommend them.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I think there are dealers which are good for some people and there are dealers who are not so good in my opion it is down to your own buying experience and the service you receive It is the motorhome you must be happy with and if there are any problems In the future please make sure the manufacturer has a good warrenty network of dealers

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
We have dealt with Travelwold for the last 2/3yrs. Cannot fault them. Annabel & the team have always had our interests at heart. Nothing to much trouble for them. Plus, it's free tea/coffee, just help yourself.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
i think edgehill can get new models but they get them from Germany bought ours from them 754 and the spec was amazing for a 2002 van good after sales as well. lowdams supplied our new hymer caravan before the motorhome
and their aftersales was amazing after the shower screen was broken

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
Premier Motorhomes and Leisure for us!
We have been loyal customers for over seven years and wouldn't go anywhere else.
They are one and half hours away but a great company to deal with.
We are also treated as friends. :D(y)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We bought from Travelworld - they have a large stock of top of the range MHs.

What model are you looking for Ruth?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back