Tesco Ferry/tunnel vouchers (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've been looking at my options for going to France at the end of December and using my Tesco vouchers. I've found you can't use them with DFDS ferry, so the tunnel, checked this out and site says you can't book online and have to book on the phone and also the price may not be the same price as the online price. So do I have to ring to check what the price would be before changing Tesco vouchers. What do you folk do?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The price will be the same as the online ones but bare in mind that the prices for a particular train will change the nearer you get to the date so don't look up a fare, order your Tesco vouchers and then wait a fortnight before you ring Eurotunnel. Do it all on the same day and you will be fine.

You almost certainly won't be able to order the exact amount of vouchers you need as they go in £5 increments so order just under the amount of the ticket. One you have that voucher code you ring Eurotunnel to book, give them the voucher code and pay any balance in the normal way. Remember that you can't use Tesco vouchers to pay for pets - they have to be paid for with a card.

If you feel the need you can have the webpage open in front of you as you talk to them so you can confirm the prices.

I booked our trip for next week like that and if anything it was slightly quicker than doing it online.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I have always found that the price shown on the website is the one I am given when I telephone. The other day I selected the dates/times I wanted to travel, checked the prices, ordered the appropriate value Tesco voucher, received the voucher by email, telephoned Eurotunnel and made the booking - all in less than 20 minutes!
Great Service!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for that, as I've only got £10 of vouchers I won't be changing to many:whistle:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I phoned and booked the tunnel with clubcard points this morning. Prices the same as website.
Short stay return, week before Christmas, £145. Cost £45 in vouchers (=£135) and a tenner cash...
Can't be bad (y)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
You'd have been better off with £50 in vouchers (=£150) because although you would have paid £5 over, it's actually only £5 /3 = £1.67 over and clubcard points are free anyway.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have always found that the price shown on the website is the one I am given when I telephone. The other day I selected the dates/times I wanted to travel, checked the prices, ordered the appropriate value Tesco voucher, received the voucher by email, telephoned Eurotunnel and made the booking - all in less than 20 minutes!
Great Service!
Exactly the same service that I had recently - they are very efficient.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I've always been given the same price on the phone, as is shown in their website.
Service (on the phone) has always been excellent :)

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Cheers everybody, Tescos voucher sorted, tunnel booked, roll on 30th December (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back