LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Over the next week, down on the Med coast some bad weather, forecast on its way from Monday

Was bad enough yesterday at Altea and that was just a shower ...apparently :(

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Think yourselves lucky. It's snowing in parts of Germany and eastern Europe.

Take care and don't leave the awning out ....!

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Over the next week, down on the Med coast some bad weather, forecast on its way from Monday

Was bad enough yesterday at Altea and that was just a shower ...apparently

Just when you'd hung the washing out too...! :giggler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have a look at your weather app ,hope you got your brollies :D but there is always the tapas bers or go to Benicassim ,its like being back home :giggler:
But have fun wherever you go (y)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
get your kit off and grab the shower gel then. no point letting all that water go to waste

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
So do I , sends me to sleep. Talking about sleep. Night night all.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Just moved to Almafra for a week to see some friends, came up from Playa Mazarron. Its bloodly freezing (22c) here compared to just 120 miles south (27), fortunately we arrived AFTER the rain. Why did I go North!

Deleted User
Just moved to Almafra for a week to see some friends, came up from Playa Mazarron. Its bloodly freezing (22c) here compared to just 120 miles south (27), fortunately we arrived AFTER the rain. Why did I go North!

Came down from Alcossebre yesterday after heavy overnight rain but the journey was under blue skies with the air con on, clouded over after we arrived and short shower, sun out again this morning.

We are on Camping Playa Mazarron at Bolnuevo and are not impressed, we have toured Spain for 20 years and over wintered for 10 but have not been to Mazarron/ Cartagena before. I can understand why others do not use sites if they judge sites on this example, far too crowded and tightly packed but facilities good and direct access to beach but that is not important to me.

Only here for 2 nights but will do a quick recce of the other site nearby which is apparently also very popular, off to Los Escullos tomorrow for a couple of weeks.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It is busy, we were there for 2 weeks, and arrived with only 2 spare pitches that we could fit on (cages 2.8,3.2 or 3.5), it is VERY popular, we were shocked after other sites with only a few people at this time of year, however I do not think the pitch layout is any different from others, but of course being full creates the effect of crowded.

Deleted User
I would agree that there are many sites in Spain like this, mostly the ones that we avoid, just too big for us, and one of the reasons that we have now stopped touring in the 5'er and sited it permanently in Portugal.

Good fun trying to get a 5'er on here:)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
No chance, when I had my RV (38 ft, 4 metres high) I stayed at Los Modrilles up the road, but thats in the arsehole of nowhere. I would not have got through that tree at the first gate on Mazarron but as we are now 3.5 high and only 9.2 so fitted on fine, I have to say although I do not use the beach I enjoyed the place, some nice bars and restaurants, and good walking, and if you have a mountain bike a great ride along the unmade road out to the south. Loads of early snow birds however, but nice people for the most part and so many nationalities that English is the common denominator, and I just love watching them spend a week setting up all that kit with such precision.... including the kitchen sink!!

Deleted User
Can't fault the area, will definitely call again and maybe even use this site. The availability of suitable pitches was a problem for us yesterday, had to shoehorn our largeish caravan and pickup onto a small(50 sq m) pitch. Now there are quite a few larger pitches available......timing is everything, try and arrive about midday probably best.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're in Calafell on a really good ACSI site for three nights then plan to move South. Where should we go?? Give us some ideas please.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Always cold up there compared to here in autumn & winter.

I would agree that there are many sites in Spain like this, mostly the ones that we avoid, just too big for us, and one of the reasons that we have now stopped touring in the 5'er and sited it permanently in Portugal.

Good fun trying to get a 5'er on here:)
Wait until it actually is full & they start setting up on any bit of waste ground around there! :D

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
We're in Calafell on a really good ACSI site for three nights then plan to move South. Where should we go?? Give us some ideas please.
the secret is slow down you are moving far too fast . stay off main roads and just go along really slow . much more to see and you will find campsites or places to stay. seriously hug the coast .
there is a nice enough camp site right on the beach at hospital de infant its on playa del torin west side of the town . about 2km from hos.del inf. stayed there a few years ago.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
No chance, when I had my RV (38 ft, 4 metres high) I stayed at Los Modrilles up the road, but thats in the arsehole of nowhere. I would not have got through that tree at the first gate on Mazarron but as we are now 3.5 high and only 9.2 so fitted on fine, I have to say although I do not use the beach I enjoyed the place, some nice bars and restaurants, and good walking, and if you have a mountain bike a great ride along the unmade road out to the south. Loads of early snow birds however, but nice people for the most part and so many nationalities that English is the common denominator, and I just love watching them spend a week setting up all that kit with such precision.... including the kitchen sink!!

Nothing wrong with Los Madrilles,,only a ten min walk into the village for restaurants bars and supermarket or a twenty min cycle into Puerto de Mazarron.Fantastic site with one of the best swimming pools x 2. BUSBY..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back