Why All White ??? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
It was so obvious at the NEC Motorhome and Caravan show that most vans are still mainly white with the exception of a few Hymers and Burstners. Even the top of range eurovans look so bland in plain white with a few decals.
When spending perhaps £70 - £150 k a few more thousand for a proper paint job could give you a real eye catcher.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Tuggers and statics seem to be changing but not MoHo's. Statics so they blend in better I'm led to believe. (n)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hymer in gold or silver approx 4000€ option....:censored:

while I hate bland white can think of plenty of other options I would prefer. If you can get colour coded wing mirrors it make a bit of a difference. £150? on Hymer

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Caravan Club - need I say more ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Ours is a very dark blue,reason,it was the only one on offer i liked. (I lie!!!. The SILVER "Easy clean" model was dismissed out of hand by first wife.) So,we had the one...."We" liked...Doh.
Tea Bag

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Ours has grey sides, as in my avatar. The previous years model was all white.
There do seem to be quite a few grey sided vans about, Swift Bolero's and a few German models of the same year have similar colour schemes.
I quite like it!

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
This was our just sold RV as we ordered it back in 2010 about £5k extra for full paint and not one stick on decal and no black streaks.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Ours is slightly different with black cab, a few grafics but is mainly white.

Bartyfixedit

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 11, 2014
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Self Build Ducato L4H3
Exp
Since 1987
I always stick to white simply because it keeps the van cooler in the summer. I don't care if I look pretty as I value efficiency and practicality over appearance. But that's just me :whistle:
Couldn't have said it better meself(y)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
yes. please do..

what have the CC to do with it

They get accused of many things.. but van colours ?
When we first started out with a red Volkswagen T4 (Professional conversion, still quite new, not very popular at the time) we were often turned away from caravan club sites for not being 'white'.
I remember a specific incident when I questioned the warden's judgement, as a sign on the front desk said 'no white vans' :LOL:
We left shortly afterwards, there was no way they'd let a smart arse stop over...

I know times have changed but you still see a very high proportion of white vans on CC sites - for whatever reason

Are caravans finally being made in different colours ? I don't attend the NEC show, so might be out of touch...
I know shiny black bits are popular, apart from the odd Eriba or Hymer I don't recall seeing any coloured caravans about ?

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We chose a dark steel grey colour when we bought our PVC for two reasons........1/ not to look like 'white van man' and 2/ not standing out like a sore thumb when 'wilding'.......

One thing we did not appreciate was how flippin hot it gets in strong sunshine :eek: however the up side is that in the cooler (colder) months as soon as the sum comes up we warm up(y)...... we feel a bit like a lizard ;)

Next time we will have silver.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We chose a dark steel grey colour when we bought our PVC for two reasons........1/ not to look like 'white van man' and 2/ not standing out like a sore thumb when 'wilding'.......

One thing we did not appreciate was how flippin hot it gets in strong sunshine :eek: however the up side is that in the cooler (colder) months as soon as the sum comes up we warm up(y)...... we feel a bit like a lizard ;)

Next time we will have silver.

Previous panel van silver, present same as yours. Either will do to be honest..anything but white.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
The beauty of White and Silver is that it never goes out of fashion.

I remember all those Brown vans which now look awful and some of the more recent bright coloured ones which also now look old fashioned.
Stick with white or silver with just a little colour in the decals and you won't go wrong.

:cooler:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There was a Murvi made to special order which was all black. I saw it, must have been like an oven in a hot country in the sun and how would you find it at night if you stepped out for a leg stretch? :) It was sold by the owner shortly after delivery for reasons unknown. But white is a popular colour. The lady who started the White Company, selling white sheets and things is now one of the richest ladies in the UK.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
There was a Murvi made to special order which was all black. I saw it, must have been like an oven in a hot country in the sun and how would you find it at night if you stepped out for a leg stretch? :) It was sold by the owner shortly after delivery for reasons unknown. But white is a popular colour. The lady who started the White Company, selling white sheets and things is now one of the richest ladies in the UK.

Yes my black mpv if left in the sun will attain temperatures around 73ºc as shown by a probe left above the drivers seat. I can drive to Alicante & back & the seats will still be too hot.:D
My friends new Citroen c5 looses the digital display if leftin the sun

Reactions: DBK

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
I would love mine to be a different colour .....I like cleaning, polishing, detailing .....white just bores me..... besides it would just look better in a nice glossy gunmetal or similar ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back